• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want the Gold Class Brushes Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you want the Gold Class Brushes Back?

I've actually spoken to a few vendors about these brushes and they all said the same thing- it was a disaster and a loser for them to carry them. Why? They are very large and awkward to ship, plus they are difficult and space consuming for storage. The end result is that the space/cost of holding and shipping them was greater than the return from the sales.

It also doesn't help that *most* people (ie non-forum goers like us) would rather buy a cheap $3 brush once a year than get a quality brush and pay a little more for the quality.

This is one of those sad cases where the enthusiasts desires just don't match up with the business case behind them. Bummer- I love mine too!

Comment

Originally posted by dope92cc View Post
      Say whaaaat!? Obviously some prankster or somebody that made them rare.
      Seriously Meguiar's. Atleast sell the brushes online. I got into detailing too late.

Has anybody tried the new mothers wheel brushes. I want to give'em a try but I can't find any locally.
      I have the whole Mothers line of brushes... they are good but I had to order mine online. I think I got mine from microfiberproductsonline.com
      2007 Dodge Nitro SLT

Comment

I disliked the tire brushes. They were just a bit too stiff in my opinion. I have two of them but rarely use 'em.

The carpet brush was a bit too stiff as well, as foam tended to sling onto everything.

However, it works great for scrubbing the floor mats outside the car.
        r. b.

Comment

Since I'm fairly new to the detailing scene, I'm not familiar with these brushes. Can someone provide me an easy link or pic(s) so I don't have to bother using the awesome "search" function?

I'm a big fan of this generalized design:

They work great when APCing brake calipers & lug nuts, as well as interior crevce dusting. I'd love to see what Meguiars' offerings were like...

Comment

Originally posted by cardriver View Post
            Since I'm fairly new to the detailing scene, I'm not familiar with these brushes. Can someone provide me an easy link or pic(s) so I don't have to bother using the awesome "search" function?

I'm a big fan of this generalized design:

They work great when APCing brake calipers & lug nuts, as well as interior crevce dusting. I'd love to see what Meguiars' offerings were like...

You won't find these brushes on Meguiar's web site, as they have been discontinued. However, there are a few of these items for sale on the web if you can find them. Here is a link to some of the reviews that were posted about four years ago. You may have to search forward and backward in the product reviews forum to find all of the brush photos & reviews.

By the way, where can you find that brush you posted? I like the design of it.
            r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by rusty bumper View Post
              By the way, where can you find that brush you posted? I like the design of it.
              I use pretty much the same brushes with Wheel Brightener, Aluminum Wheel Cleaner and APC. I found mine at Pep Boys.
              James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
              Calais Auto Detailing
              CalaisDetails@aim.com
              www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I remember coming across a thread one time and it had more or less the full array of Megs Detailing brushes that everyone wants, but I've since lost track of that thread. Oh wells; hopefully Megs reintroduces them.

I think the problem was their lack of visibility to consumers? Coupled with the fact that most people don't usually consider brushes (as useful as they are) as staples of a detailing arsenal. I imagine it's the more experienced detailers and enthusiasts who use these brushes, and unfortunately, sales suffer because the casual hobbyist doesn't know/realize and use these awesome tools .
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                The brush I pictured was taken from ADS' website under their Detailing Accessories page: http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/brushes.html.

I also purchased a similar, shorter-bristled wooden brush from OSH (Orchard Supply Hardware, here on the West coast at least) in their Toilet/Mop/Brush aisle. It was the stubby brush, plus a silky long-bristled brush (like long blonde hair ) for dusting interior vents etc...for under $4 for the duo. I snatched that right up and will pick up another ASAP .

Comment

Thanks guys.
                  r. b.

Comment

I just picked these up less than 2 weeks ago at a local San Diego PBE store

Closeout prices because they were discontinued items. I bought all three for $22.

Comment

Nice find, and thank you for the pictures.

Comment

Hmmm... Could it be that some of the new products coming out may be the brushes again?

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
                          Hmmm... Could it be that some of the new products coming out may be the brushes again?
                          I really, really hope Meguiar's releases some new accessories.
                          James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                          Calais Auto Detailing
                          CalaisDetails@aim.com
                          www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

There are alternatives to the gold class brushes, but it would still be nice to get all of the same reliable product than going all cheapo on ourselves for something that meguiars should still make....So I voted yes.
                            A Pontiac is a Chevy with better trim.

Comment

I would at least like to see the wide-body and tripple duty brush come back. Very nice tools to have around.

Comment

I would like to see an improved tire brush with more flexible bristles.
                                r. b.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');