• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create a dark sheen on flat black plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to create a dark sheen on flat black plastic

i heard GC Trim Detailer doesnt last after a rain...is it true? pls...be frank..coz i am choosing between GC Trim Detailer or Autogylm Bumper Care.

Comment

Originally posted by babyt View Post
      i heard GC Trim Detailer doesn't last after a rain...is it true? pls...be frank..coz i am choosing between GC Trim Detailer or Autogylm Bumper Care.
      Hi babyt,

This thread is about treating surfaces that there is no product really for the surfaces being treated.

Your question would be better if you posted your own "Dedicated Thread" instead of tagging onto a non-related thread.

The question is... does any topical dressing last on a surface that doesn't absorb.

Plastic trim doesn't absorb so most dressings you apply will be topical and if it rains or you wash the car, unless the product you apply is water-insoluble or cures hard to the surface, it's not going to last.

Buy them both and do a side-by-side comparison on the same piece of trim and then make you or judgment.

Since most people don't start new threads here's another option for you and all the people that will read this into the future.

New Product for 2010!
      Ultimate Protectant

Note, as I pointed out in the beginning of this thread, this thread isn't about using dressings on surfaces dressings are meant to be used on, but on surfaces there are no product for.

At the time and day I'm posting this I've never used this new product on the components and surface materials addressed in this thread so keep this in mind.

Seriously, your question would be much better if you "started your own thread". If you're new to discussion forums, on the bottom of the forum homepage there's instructions and pictures on how to start your own thread, I've copied and pasted them here.

If you want to start a new thread, then click to the appropriate forum by clicking here and selecting the forum that best describes what your topic will be about and then look for the button on the left hand side of the page that says, New Thread and click on it. You'll see a place to type in your Subject and below that a message box that you can type your message into. After you're finished with your message, click on the Submit New Thread button and your message will be posted to the forum.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Definitely going to have to try this on the bits of the Dakota.
        1967 Chevy Camaro Convertible - Dad/Daughter Project - Ermine White
        2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - Black
        2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT - Stryker Blue

Comment

Wow, that was a pretty big difference. I thought it looked great before the application...
          Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

does anyone knows if I should use the trim detailer for the plastic that is between the door window and the rear small window of the 350Z?

Comment

GCTD works great but does run in the rain in my experience. Then again - what dressing doesn't?
              UP however is said to solve all that. Can't wait to try it as soon as it becomes available here...
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                GCTD works great but does run in the rain in my experience. Then again - what dressing doesn't?
                UP however is said to solve all that. Can't wait to try it as soon as it becomes available here...
                It's been a while since I've read through this entire thread but I think I bring up the point about how plastic doesn't absorb very well so for the most part dressings applied to plastic are more or less just topical and you need to wipe off any excess.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');