• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man, talk about some soft paint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, talk about some soft paint!

That Colorado I bought(custom paint), has some of the softest paint I've laid my hands on. Buffed it back in January(3 months after it was painted), and it was pretty soft. I figured by now, it would've had to get a bit harder.

Here it is after a single wash

Just playing with the tailgate a bit, not buffing the entire truck.

Looks like I'll have a full time job just keeping the swirls out of this thing
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Man, talk about some soft paint!

Just washing that made that many swirls? Im going to have nightmares.
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Comment

Looks like the touchless spray car wash will be the only option.

Thats ridiculous though about how soft that paint is... :0

Comment

Custom paint, my eye! Seems more like a custom nightmare to me!
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Wow! that is even worse than my paint!! Way worse! Have fun keeping it looking good

Comment

your gonna have to be real careful when you wash that truck.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Nick I thought I told you to stop washing your truck with steel wool!

Comment

That is a real bummer.
                Maybe you should get another layer of paint or clear coat.
                But that was a great improvement!!
                You could see the hair on your legs!!!
                Joel
                Firefighter/EMT-B
                Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                '99 F-150

Comment

OMG....This is softer than my TSX's paint...I thought i had the softest CC but i was wrong....You have to respray a new layer of harder CC IMO....Is there any possibility for the paint NOT ''DRIED'' completely?????
                  I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Wait! THOSE are swirls? You mean my paint is not supposed to look like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Fischer View Post
                      Looks like the touchless spray car wash will be the only option.
                      Careful with those touchless car wash's, they use an acid in the soap to help loosen the dirt and that can't be good!
                      Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                      08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                      98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                      82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

That is ridiculously soft paint. That is going to be a pain.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Here's the story, not entirely sure how much truth there is to this, but this is what I was told....

Buffed this truck back in January. He had me buff it for the sole purpose of selling it. He came and picked it up, then parked it at his house. He lives WAY out in the sticks, off a dirt road(so I can only imagine what it looked like). His claim is that he never washed the truck, ever! Then when we finally came to an agreement on me purchasing the truck, and I was on my way to pick it up, he ran it down through the local TOUCHLESS car wash and cleaned it up. His claim was that, that was the single and only time that the truck was washed after I finished washing it.

Now, when I was buffing the tailgate yesterday, I could not get it 100% perfect. Anytime I wipe off products, it would scratch the surface. Even tried Blackfire wax, that requires you to remove wet, and it still scratched. So I'm gonna have to believe his claim that it was only ran through the car wash once. If I can wipe it with a brand new Microfiber towel, and still scratch the surface, I can only imagine what a car wash would do, even a touchless(remember, this is out in the sticks, and I'm sure a few muddy trucks went through this car wash).

How the heck am I going to drive this thing? Seriously! I am going to have to polish it everytime I wash it This is jst absolutely insane Me being who I am, there is no way I can drive this truck on a regular basis, using it to give quotes, etc... This is my advertisement

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
                            Here's the story, not entirely sure how much truth there is to this, but this is what I was told....

Buffed this truck back in January. He had me buff it for the sole purpose of selling it. He came and picked it up, then parked it at his house. He lives WAY out in the sticks, off a dirt road(so I can only imagine what it looked like). His claim is that he never washed the truck, ever! Then when we finally came to an agreement on me purchasing the truck, and I was on my way to pick it up, he ran it down through the local TOUCHLESS car wash and cleaned it up. His claim was that, that was the single and only time that the truck was washed after I finished washing it.

Now, when I was buffing the tailgate yesterday, I could not get it 100% perfect. Anytime I wipe off products, it would scratch the surface. Even tried Blackfire wax, that requires you to remove wet, and it still scratched. So I'm gonna have to believe his claim that it was only ran through the car wash once. If I can wipe it with a brand new Microfiber towel, and still scratch the surface, I can only imagine what a car wash would do, even a touchless(remember, this is out in the sticks, and I'm sure a few muddy trucks went through this car wash).

How the heck am I going to drive this thing? Seriously! I am going to have to polish it everytime I wash it This is jst absolutely insane Me being who I am, there is no way I can drive this truck on a regular basis, using it to give quotes, etc... This is my advertisement
                            So, What do you think you will end up doing about this?
                            Nick
                            Tucker's Detailing Services
                            815-954-0773
                            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                              So, What do you think you will end up doing about this?
                              Really not sure at this point. My options right now are to let it sit and see it it hardens up any, polish it after every 2-3 washes , or get it scuffed and recleared.

I live in Texas, and with summer coming on strong right now, I may let it sit and see if it hardens up any. With 105-110* days coming up, it should give it some quality baking time if I leave it outside Not sure if this will work or not, but I know it'll cost about $1k to scuff and reclear it

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');