• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true?

May I ask, is it true that the higher the percentage of the Carnuba content in the wax, the more it gives the 'depth' and 'thick oily' look?

Re: Is it true?

Not necessary...

NXT 2.0 and M21 2.0 contain no carnauba, yet give tremendous depth.

Some of the companies that advertise the high percentage of carnauba (Swissvax and Zy***) are marketing their product to those who believe the more carnauba content, the better.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

I still dont know if it is true or not if a product has more carnauba in it or not will add depth, but as long as the product that im using gives me the best satisfaction in results, im definately sticking to it, curently im using nxt 2.0 :]
      Ganesa,
      Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Clean flat paint gives you that look
        The wax on top enhances and magnifies it, some better than others

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
          Clean flat paint gives you that look
          The wax on top enhances and magnifies it, some better than others
          +1 on that..The trick is the preparation of the paint....I found that different LSP's can change a little bit the look of the car,but they will do nothing if you dont prepare the paint right...Also there are some glazes that you can use to add on the paint's look but as above the trick is on the preparation....
          I AM HERE TO LEARN

Comment

Originally posted by pampos View Post
            +1 on that..The trick is the preparation of the paint....I found that different LSP's can change a little bit the look of the car,but they will do nothing if you dont prepare the paint right...Also there are some glazes that you can use to add on the paint's look but as above the trick is on the preparation....
            +2. That is the key in my eyes. How well you prepare the finish is directly related to how the finished product looks.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Carnauba wax is the primary ingredient in gummy bears and medical pills. I would not describe either has having absolute depth....

Also keep in mind that there is NO scientific standard for measuring the amount of carnauba wax in a product, but the general rule of the thumb from the numerous formulators and pourers I have spoken with is that it is impossible to make carnauba wax with more then 35% wet volume apply and remove easily. Past about 50% it becomes impossible.

The oily look is primarly from the oils blended into the carnauba wax, not from the carnauaba wax. It is the opinion of EVERY blender and formulator I have spoken with that the other ingredients in the wax are far more important then the wax itself.
              Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Civic Man View Post
                May I ask, is it true that the higher the percentage of the Carnuba content in the wax, the more it gives the 'depth' and 'thick oily' look?

This sounds like an old argument by die-hard carnuaba fans against using synthetic sealants, saying that sealants give a dry, sterile look.
                Don
                12/27/2015
                "Darth Camaro"
                2013 Camaro ... triple black
                323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

its all in the eye of the beholder......

Comment

Originally posted by Civic Man View Post
                    Ah good,another civic lover!

I use carnauba from the deep crysal set.I have no problems with that.i wouldn't waste my poppy on that 'exotic' stuff. if you check out youtube,there is a 5 min clip from a program called fifth gear.The guy does a good job,but i don't see any difference in appearance from the car in that clip and some of the pics i see from people inthis site! There is a limit to how well something can be polished.Once you reach the zenith...that's it!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post
                      Carnauba wax is the primary ingredient in gummy bears and medical pills. I would not describe either has having absolute depth....

Also keep in mind that there is NO scientific standard for measuring the amount of carnauba wax in a product, but the general rule of the thumb from the numerous formulators and pourers I have spoken with is that it is impossible to make carnauba wax with more then 35% wet volume apply and remove easily. Past about 50% it becomes impossible.

The oily look is primarly from the oils blended into the carnauba wax, not from the carnauaba wax. It is the opinion of EVERY blender and formulator I have spoken with that the other ingredients in the wax are far more important then the wax itself.
                      I didn't know about the gummy bears!Good advice! I havn't tried NXT 2.0 as yet.I've always used the step3 carnauba.i'm happy with that.I would like to try the nxt though.

I have talked to Joseph at Meguiar's.Where can i get the G110? I live in Italy....Aggghhh!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001 View Post

....and this leads to the very important fact that when companies advertise 80% carnauba content or 100% carnauba content they are not referring to the percentage of carnauba content in the overall product. A block of 100% carnauba would be just that....a solid block of rock-like carnauba. They're using advertising and marketing strategies to describe the carnauba "quality" that makes up the typical 20% to 45% carnauba that goes into a formulation. So when they say "80% carnauba" they are stating that of the, say 25% carnauba in the overall formulation, it is 80% pure or something along those lines...

Comment

Ive heard that carnauba protects better! I forgot where i read that from? But i do use Zymol Glasur 56% by volume, and Zymol Ital 47% by volume and have found that the water beating is drasticaly* better then sealants or other waxes. Yes the shine is there and I beleive in the preperation part of detailing, but as far as protection I'd give it a 10 out of 10. It really does make the water bead up alot better.
                          www.firstclassmobiledetailing.com

Comment

I've read each and every response and I want to thank everyone for sharing your experience.

Below is a shot from one of my detailing session. I used a carnuaba wax and I love the result. As you can see, it looks Warm, Thick-oily & Dynamic look (of course, with all prep work done before the LSP).

I know I love the result but I'm looking the next higher expectation, I want more Warm, Thicker-oily & more Dynamic look.

I wonder is this is the maximum or something can be achieved further?

Any recommendation are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Details View Post
                              Ive heard that carnauba protects better! I forgot where i read that from? But i do use Zymol Glasur 56% by volume, and Zymol Ital 47% by volume and have found that the water beating is drasticaly* better then sealants or other waxes. Yes the shine is there and I beleive in the preperation part of detailing, but as far as protection I'd give it a 10 out of 10. It really does make the water bead up alot better.

I can't argue with you on this point,as i've never tried any zymol products,but i have read a lot of articles. I've also seen a lot of people on youtube that want to show water beading after application of a certain product.

To be honest,i can't see any difference in the water beading after a zymol application or a meguiar's application.I also realise that this water beading is done directly after waxing,so any application is going to sheet off well.(There are some vids.,showing water beading after 2 months etc.)

I personally would not spend that kind of money for a wax.Everyone here can have great looking cars with Meguiar's and it's affordable,which is the best part.

I clayed,followed by the 3 step sys.,2 months ago,and the water still sheets off like it was done yesterday,and my car is parked on a busy street with a lot of dust 24/7.

I've also read a lot of articles over the years,for many areas of automobile care.I've read that Meg's are very particular when it comes to there liquid formulations.One example of this was their choice of carnauba.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');