• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

suggestions appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions appreciated

Well I have a pretty decent arsenal of Megs products, next week I am going to be driving by the autogeek's facility here in FL and I am planning to get a couple of goodies that I need. I am actually driving 6 hours south to visit the family (just an excuse to buy more products ).

1) Anyways I want to get one of those fancy looking waxes . I am looking for something on the $30-50 range top. I already have NXT 2.0, M26, etc. Right now I am considering Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba paste wax, has anybody tried this one?, any suggestions?

2) I am in need of a new tire dressing. I am a part time detailer and I detail my personal vehicles often, I just can't decide which one to get . Looking at Megs tire endurance gel atm.

I susally get the sprays but I just wan to try new stuff. Any comments?
    2008 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 4.7L V8

Re: suggestions appreciated

Originally posted by Andy's Pro Detailing View Post
    Well I have a pretty decent arsenal of Megs products, next week I am going to be driving by the autogeek's facility here in FL and I am planning to get a couple of goodies that I need. I am actually driving 6 hours south to visit the family (just an excuse to buy more products ).
    Should be fun!

1) Anyways I want to get one of those fancy looking waxes . I am looking for something on the $30-50 range top. I already have NXT 2.0, M26, etc. Right now I am considering Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba paste wax, has anybody tried this one?, any suggestions?
    Sorry, cant help you there..... I like my waxes (M21/M26/M19/M16/GC/NXT/NXT 2.0/Cleaner Wax/ColorX) I've been wanting to try the Mother's Carnuba Wax but 20 bucks for a tin is more than I want to pay at the moment.....I would rather buy stuff I need as I'm always broke.....

2) I am in need of a new tire dressing. I am a part time detailer and I detail my personal vehicles often, I just can't decide which one to get . Looking at Megs tire endurance gel atm.
    I like Hot Shine spray, but recently tried Endurance gel and used the Eagle 1 applicators and actually like it better, not as much of a mess and no spray to get all over the paint on a windy day! I also have Hot Shine Gel and like it better than spray. We have windy days up here. I have not had any trouble with slinging either. I use the E1 applicators, about 2 applications (8 tires) it's time to wash, I clean the applicator "on the fly" but after a while the pad gets saturated and it's messy.....

Have fun!
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Well i cannot comment on the wax since i dont use high end/pricey boutique waxes.

As for the tire dressing, Since you do a lot of detailing, how about a gallon of All Season Dressing?

I actually like Hot Shine Tire Gel and NXT Insane Shine Tire spray ( trigger version) since I only detail my personal vechiles and a few other cars once a month or so.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Might want All Season Dressing.. good for tires, trim, all kinds of things. Should keep customers pretty happy.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thank you for the comments. Yeah I should probably just get a gal of dressing.
          2008 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 4.7L V8

Comment

thank you for the comments. Yeah I should probably just get a gal of dressing.
            but then again, a bottle of Hot Shine can dress 30 or 40 meduim profile tires, maybe more.
            Nick
            815-954-0773

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
              but then again, a bottle of Hot Shine can dress 30 or 40 meduim profile tires, maybe more.

Or the bottle is enough to dress all four of my tires

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
              Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
                Or the bottle is enough to dress all four of my tires
                For the tires on your truck, I would use Hot Shine Tire Foam, cleans and shines in one step.
                Nick
                815-954-0773

Comment

I applaud your rationalization! I wish I was as motivated as you. ADS is 377 miles from my front door (thank yew Google Maps!) which translates into a 5-6 hour drive, but I have no family living in Chandler AZ or any family members planning to move there. So I've been trying to meet single women on the web living in the greater Chandler metropolitan area . Frustrating how they stop answering my e-mails once I start asking how far they live from the ADS local pickup facility or how swirled their car's finish is...

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                    I applaud your rationalization! I wish I was as motivated as you. ADS is 377 miles from my front door (thank yew Google Maps!) which translates into a 5-6 hour drive, but I have no family living in Chandler AZ or any family members planning to move there. So I've been trying to meet single women on the web living in the greater Chandler metropolitan area . Frustrating how they stop answering my e-mails once I start asking how far they live from the ADS local pickup facility or how swirled their car's finish is...
                    TFF!
                    I'll start looking too!
                    We'll make a weekend out of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                      For the tires on your truck, I would use Hot Shine Tire Foam, cleans and shines in one step.

I actually normally use the Hot Shine Gel, but I think I may try to foam sometime just for kicks. I tried the armor all foam once (found it on discount and figured why not) and it worked pretty decent. I actually sprayed it on my spare tire which was pretty dirty, and it did clean it off and shine it up quite well.

Have you ever used the foam tuck? What is your opinion on it?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
                        I actually normally use the Hot Shine Gel, but I think I may try to foam sometime just for kicks. I tried the armor all foam once (found it on discount and figured why not) and it worked pretty decent. I actually sprayed it on my spare tire which was pretty dirty, and it did clean it off and shine it up quite well.

Have you ever used the foam tuck? What is your opinion on it?
                        Yes, I have used Hot Shine Tire Foam.

I actually thought it was a pretty good product. I sprayed it on my tires after washing my truck and let it sit for ten minutes then removed excess foam with a cotton towel.

It seemed to left somewhat of a shine but at the same time a dark black matte sheen. I imagine this product works great on large profile tires.

and it was 2.99 at Target

Thats a nice truck you have by the way, I like the color and the tires look cool too
                        Nick
                        815-954-0773

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
                          TFF!
                          I'll start looking too!
                          We'll make a weekend out of it!
                          So the plan is to spend $60 on two tanks of gas to save the $16.95 shipping fee?

I'm all in!

Road trip! I call shotgun!

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                            So the plan is to spend $60 on two tanks of gas to save the $16.95 shipping fee?

I'm all in!

Road trip! I call shotgun!
                            Well we'll take my Mas and gas will be allot more than $60 bucks!
                            (Oh, don't forget the tickets and bail money!)

Comment

Andy, I'm the guy who helped you with the ordering at the Meg's Class at the Autogeek facility back in March....

As for the question above I would absolutely recommend the Signature Series II...especially on silver, metallic, or light colored cars. It works great on black and darker paints as well, obviously, but it provides a depth and liquidity to lighter colors that is notoriously difficult to acheive.

It is a true wipe-on/wipe-off product that goes on and comes off wet. This allows for effective control of product application and cuts down the application time tremendously. You don't have to wait around for wax to dry to a haze or anything just follow your applicator pad with a clean microfiber and you're done! SSII has a bana/pina colada like smell so it's pleasant eough to work with.

SSII is also non-staining of trim and mouldings so you don't have to worry about that. In the $40 or so range I think it's one of the best (the best for silver/light colors) waxes Autogeek carries. I particularly like to layer it over a coat of NXT 2.0 for a very unique look and added durability.

If you happen to be as far south as Miami you can stop by my place and test it out and sample it all you want as I have two or three jars...

For tire dressing I am currently using Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Protectant Gel and love it. It produces the sheen and look I prefer (very subjective I know) and has no sling when properly applied. Again, I have used Meg's Endurance, Meg's Hyper Dressing, Black Magic Extreme Tire Wet, and something made by Eagle One. After all that I still like the Gold Class Endurance. As with the wax, I have plenty here so you can come by and play with it all you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');