• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Sealant w/ no cleaners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Sealant w/ no cleaners

I wish megs would make a sealant that has no cleaners, i would like to be able to layer it. Is mppp layerable? that is the closest megs has i believe, i would like something more like klasse or zaino

Though I don't believe that Meguiars offers a sealant without any cleaners yet, Nxt is very close. Being an Autopian, I have tried a majority of waxes at some time or another. Just ask my dads poor hood . Having used both klasse and zaino, I can honestly say that I get a better shine and protection from nxt x2 plus 26 or s100 or p21s then I ever did with zaino or klasse. In my experience with nxt I have found that for cars with even slight oxidation I have to use either a cleaner polish or a clay bar because the cleaners in nxt are so minor and gentle that they don't remove the oxidation. In my mind this is a good thing. While on the layering idea. I wanted to test that out a few months ago so I bought a bottle of AIO (Klasse) and their sealant. Stripped down my dad’s hood and went to work. After the first coat done with aio I noticed a small difference. I let that settle over night then went on to apply a coat of the sealant. Following that I taped the hood in half and began applying coats of the sealant every hour for about a day and a half. After seventeen coats of sealant on the one side, I pulled it out into the sun. I noticed almost no difference what so ever. To be quite honest the side where I had applied the seventeen coats actually looked a little cloudier and less clear.
    So in summary Nxt is so close to a cleaner free wax I wouldn't personally worry about it. However you have to go with what you like. But I would give the Tech wax a try.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');