Anyone have experience with this canopy? Anyone have a decent canopy for sale?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have experience with this canopy? Anyone have a decent canopy for sale?

Registered Member 10degreesbtdc's Avatar

Anyone have experience with this canopy? Anyone have a decent canopy for sale?

This is at Cabela's for $349. I'm wondering if it's any good. I just can't see buying a cheapie with 1" legs with the stiff breeze we have here. If anyone has a decent canopy for sale, please let me know.

This one says commercial grade with 1 3/8" steel legs. A little heavy at 73 pounds, but manageable.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...0054650518180a

Re: Anyone have experience with this canopy? Anyone have a decent canopy for sale?

Guess I'll find out, I ordered it.

Re: Anyone have experience with this canopy? Anyone have a decent canopy for sale?

It's rated well on Cabelas site. I've never used a canopy but I've liked other Cabelas brand products I have.

Let us know how you like it!
    Scott

Registered Member

That looks like a pretty solid canopy! Can a single person open one of those?

Quote Originally Posted by obione View Post
    That looks like a pretty solid canopy! Can a single person open one of those?
    I got it a couple days ago. Set it up for the first time by myself in about 20 minutes in the backyard. (grass/sand) I forgot to take photos! The trick was to walk around moving each leg out 8-10 inches at a time. Wasn't to bad putting the top on it myself either. That's really the hardest part. It should set up a lot easier on a solid surface where the legs could slide. Plenty of room under it, for sure. Tore it down and packed it in the carry case in 15 minutes. It's not light at 73 lbs., but it is solid and stable. I also got the weight bags, but haven't used them yet. Next test is to see whether I can get it in my truck without too much hassle. It won't fit on the floor due to being a short bed and my water tank turns out to be 4 inches too wide so it has to go up on the shelf. Thinking I might cut 4 inches off the top of the bottom legs? That would make it about 6 foot high clearance.

I considered buying one but too broke at the moment, got 5 different graduations to go to this next month.....Sheesh!

Joe has a nice set up but wasn't real cheap but looks like it's holding up great and you can put a 2 ring circus under it!
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Saw it last night at Cabelas. Looked nice.
    -James
    2012 Chevy Silverado ECSB. Z71 4x4. 5.3

As I said, it's too long to go under my shelf, but I got it up there without too much problem at all! (strap to secure front of ladder/canopy not shown in this photo)

So what are your thoughts on this after having it for a while? Ive been thinking about a canopy since my garage is so full of **** it would take me all summer to clean out and shade is very little.

I'm looking forward towards getting a 10' by 20' canopy this summer for two reasons: I can then wash and detail my car in the middle of the day, and my friends and I can use it at car shows when the sun is really blazing. They were saying they wanted to chip in on one, but I figure I'll buy one for myself instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information