• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A look into the TW (TylorWeaver) Method of applying Tire Dressing ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A look into the TW (TylorWeaver) Method of applying Tire Dressing

Interesting read.Gorgeous car..RPF1's FTW!!!!!!!!

Comment

^LOL! Thanks dude!!!

Comment

***Disclaimer***

Just to note, this is not a Meguiar's recommended technique for any of our tire dressings so if you decide to use this method of applying dressings to tires then understand you're doing this at your own risk.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

^lol, IE; Don't apply DIRECT heat or open flame to your tire shine.. It's recommended that you don't use Aersol-type sprays for this either, could be flammable.

Good point Mike! Thanks!!!
          However, this isn't necessarily a damaging process to either yourself, the product you use, nor your car. So, in my wealth-of-knowledge-opinion.. You're plenty safe using this technique Just be safe and use caution when using any sort of power tool, or heat gun/blow-dryer...

Thanks!!!

Very best,
          TW

Comment

Originally posted by tylorweaver View Post
            Correct, I do have it turned to max heat, just to get the job done quicker, and to heat the tire up quicker.. The goal is to move around the circumference of the sidewall, heating it up as you go.. You don't want to heat a section slowly, then come back around, and it's back to being cool again! So, my fix for this, is the hotter, the better! You can't really damage your tire any by heating it up with a heat gun, blow dryer, or high-wattage work lamp.. Although, the worst that can happen is end up burning your fingers on your own fixture!! (TOTALLY, never done that one before.. I swear! lol)

In response to your other question.. "May I asked how you came across or stumbled across this idea?"

Actually, I managed to develop this idea myself a while back.. I'm an engineer, so I have a pretty decent background in physics, thermodynamics, etc. I deal with it on a daily basis.. I design lights for cars, trucks, buses, power/motorsports. So the understanding of heat transfer is kind of a given.lol.. So, I decided to try it out on my brothers car first, about 3 years ago, producing great results.. and I've been doing it ever since! It might take me, maaaaybe 20minutes to go around and do all four tires the correct way - So, I've started incorporating this as a standard, when working on a client's car, as well.. So far, everyone seems to love it, and this makes as a great 'popper' to really make things 'pop' in the end, giving the overall look of the car, a stunning, brilliant shine

Thanks for all of the questions, comments, and especially the compliments! Very much appreciated guys! Thanks!!
            Thanks for the reply
            2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
            2005 Honda CRF250R
            2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

nice work
              Tom
              1997 Camaro RS - Shining like New !!

Comment

Have you found that this extends the "shine" period? i imagine this would make it last a fair bit longer being embedded rather than just on top

Comment

wow, I think i gotta try this method! just gotta find the proper time :]
                  thanks dude..
                  Ganesa,
                  Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

The heat gun used in this process is on sale at Harbor freight this month. It can be yours for $9.99. I picked one up. have not tried it yet. But I am planning to.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Oh boy, I've seen some tire shines light up like gasoline!!!! I'll stick to a terry towel!

Comment

Originally posted by miahjohn View Post
                        Oh boy, I've seen some tire shines light up like gasoline!!!! I'll stick to a terry towel!

Not all dressings are that flammable. I know Hyperdressing has a rating of 0(zero) for flammability. This is definitely something i'd be willing to try out.
                        Alex C.

Comment

i know that some tire gels are flammable, but I think it would be more practical and more safe if you'd take the wheel off the car..
                          Ganesa,
                          Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Golden View Post
                            Definitely have to give this a shot! Thanks!
                            Nice to see a SRV fan here!!!!!!

Comment

That's a very good tip TW,with a very clear write up with good pics. One thing,though... Some people don't have your patience or experience and would have to be carefull with the heat gun.A hair dryer is fine.I think you should slip in a word of caution for the heat gun.I've used them a lot and you have to be very carefull. A couple of seconds too long and......

By the way,like the S2000.Great car. How do you find the Falkens? I use Yoko's Parada spec 2 on my ol' civic. They're great on the dry.On the wet....... .They say it's got a silica compound for wearability and a bit more grip on the wet. But,i find they're the same as my old A520's(on the wet).

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');