• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sealant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealant

So I was told awhile ago that sealant last longer than wax. So I don't know if it was a salesman shpeal or if its actually true?!?!

Re: Sealant

very much true sir, sealant last longer than wax, generally MUCH longer. You can top a sealant with a wax for added depth and shine.
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Originally posted by wgeorgio View Post
      So I was told awhile ago that sealant last longer than wax. So I don't know if it was a salesman shpeal or if its actually true?!?!
      A true paint sealant will last longer than most products considered a wax.

The problem you can run into is the definition of words used in this industry to describe products. There are no "Wax Police" especially when it comes to terminology. That's why sometimes you need to find someone you can put your trust into and simply expect their products will do what they claim they'll do.

There is no such thing as a 5-year wax or paint sealant so even if a paint sealant lasts longer a daily driver care needs regular maintenance.

Check out this thread,

Is it a wax? Or a paint sealant?

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

just read your initial post again...was this on a new are purchase?
        Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Sealant will last longer. But the $500 sealant that the dealer wants you to buy won't last any longer than a coat of NXT 2.0 for about a buck!
          2021 BMW X3M Competition - Donington Gray
          2020 Chevy Bolt - Arctic White
          2019 Fiat 124 Spider - Brillante

Some look better than others....

Comment

Well I know the dealers rip you off I was the one applying the sealant. I just want a selling point for my customers since I use sealant.

Comment

m20 polymer sealant is a good product, try also m21 synthetic sealant....

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider View Post
                very much true sir, sealant last longer than wax, generally MUCH longer. You can top a sealant with a wax for added depth and shine.
                Pay particular attention to this because it's true! A coat or two of Carnauba wax on top of the sealer, once it's cured, will add depth, shine, and more protection.
                BobbyG

Comment

M21 (sealant) topped with M16 (carnaubawax) is a fantastic combination !

M21 for long lasting protection.
                  M16 for protection and a high gloss .

Best of both worlds !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                    A true paint sealant will last longer than most products considered a wax.

The problem you can run into is the definition of words used in this industry to describe products. There are no "Wax Police" especially when it comes to terminology. That's why sometimes you need to find someone you can put your trust into and simply expect their products will do what they claim they'll do.

There is no such thing as a 5-year wax or paint sealant so even if a paint sealant lasts longer a daily driver care needs regular maintenance.

Check out this thread,

Is it a wax? Or a paint sealant?

Interesting. I was using both (NXT and M16) and I didn't even know it. Thanks for the read Mike.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');