• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about clean the speaker grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about clean the speaker grill

I type in search for title only with "speaker"
    noting I wanted to know pops out.

My question is, speaker grill trap dirts
    How can I clean them out without damaging the speak inside the grill?
    How can I get those dirts out and make the speaker grill looks like new?

Thanks for your help!

Steven

Re: Question about clean the speaker grill

Speaker grilles are different in every car. What kind are they exactly? Plastic with holes? Metal mesh? Fabric covered?

Comment

Like Roushe said, we are going to need to know what your speaker grill looks like. Can ya post a picture of it?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

i want to know the knowledge in general.
        i haven't see my wife's car yet, she is in austria,
        but i would guess is pastic.

but still i want to know all kind, and how to clean them

Comment

Fairly easy for them all, just the plastic ones tend to be a bit more time consuming to clean. Metal mesh and cloth ones you can simply wipe with a damp cloth, or with some APC if needed. Plastic ones usually have the little holes and you will need a brush and some Q-Tips to clean each hole out. Then wipe it down.

Comment

Once upon a time I asked Rasky on here how he cleaned the speaker grills on this car he detailed, because they were filthy and came out squeeky clean. His answer... you guessed it, APC!
            '05 Arctic Blue Pearl Acura TSX
            '03 Silver Lexus RX 300

Comment

APC on a cloth, don't spray onto the speaker grill as you may imagine. I usually fill a bucket of water and rinse my towel (usually a MF or good quality terry cloth) then do a rinse wipe. If they are real dusty, get a vacuum and vacuum the grill out.

Keep us posted.
              Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

i will be working on the car maybe the end of may...
                those cars are in Austria right now.
                and I am still in Stupid topeka, KS LOL
                let me move there and i will start work on my in-law's skoda and BMW...

i hope i will not mess up!
                and i will need you guys and girls help a lot LOL!!

Comment

So I live in northern Ontario and its a regular occurrence to get slush and mud caked in the speaker grilles.
                  After reading all of the suggestions in this thread, I was not satisfied so I went to a local detailing shop and asked then what's their trade secret to cleaning (in my case plastic speaker grills. He said to use a degreaser (soap and water will do) and put it in a spray bottle, spray it on the affected area and let it sit there for a few minutes and suction it out with a shop vac. I was worried about it wrecking my speakers if I got them wet and he said most cars nowadays don't use paper woofers anymore and are resistant to weather and rain as they are designed to resist the elements.
                  Anyway, I did what he said and mine turned out beautifully! It was effortless and pain free!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');