• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC NXT Ult Bonnet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC NXT Ult Bonnet

Today I used the PC to apply NXT using a 9006 Finishing pad, I used speeds 3-4 to apply the wax.
    I then put a new 9006 on the pc and slipped a new Ultimate bonnett on to remove the wax, I tried a speed of 5 to remove but found in my case a lower speed was better to remove the wax.

I am thrilled at the look of my 8+ yr old 96 Cavalier, I never really waxed it, maybe once in all that time. But now with Meguiars the Car looks outstanding.......

Im still reluctant to using the PC on my New Blk Grand AM for for fear of marring it ..Im pretty new to detailing especially using the PC ........

My question would be about the use of the bonnet, is it better to use a 8006 with the Ultimate bonnet?? and What is the proper speed to remove the wax??

Thks

Hey,

Your car looks FANTASTIC!!

For product removal, I would suggest using the W-8006 Polishing Pad with the Ultimate Bonnet. Using a W-9006 with a bonnet is a little too soft. Also using it with the W-7006 Cutting Pad, the pad is too hard and does not flex enough over some ridges etc. Therefore, after a ton of experimentation, I have found the W-8006 with the bonnet to be the best!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I use the W-8006 on speed 5 for removing wax. As 2hotford said, the W-9006 just seems to be too soft.

Chris
      Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

I agree with Tim and williams22,

A stiffer foam pad seems to work a lot better, I even like using our W-7006 pads for removing wax with a bonnet over them.

Higher speeds seem to work better as in the 5.0 setting

Your work speaks for itself... your car's paint looks as though its wet! It also has a deep, rich, glassy look to it...

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thks Guys for the info and compliments on the car.
          Ok so its the 8006 to use with the bonnett, Ill orderr one tonight along with a few other bonnets. ( I only had a New 9006 in my bag.. The 8006 I had I used on the wifes car and read it was best to use a new pad with a bonnet.)

The pic came out great but the Car sitting in the Driveway loks even better I found myself admiring it like I never did before.

And As I stated altho I washed the car regulalrly, I never really polished it or waxed it and this car has been in some brutal weather ,winters both in NY and Va....

Thks to all in this forum, it is the most informative one on the NEt and best of all Friendly.......
          Last edited by robnyva; Oct 17, 2004, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Car looks great! You know I wouldn't be to worried about using the PC on your black car. Might give it a second try on the cavalier sometime jsut to get a little more of a feel for the PC then move on to the Grand AM. There are many black cars and trucks on MOL, long as you start with a washed/dust free surface your black will look just as good if not better than the red.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey,

When you feel you are ready and have gained some experience with the PC, then you can try it on your black paint.

I can assure you that in time you will have your finish brought to its maximum potential. It just takes time and a little practice.

Here is my truck's tailgate; not a swirl in sight!!

Tim
              Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Don't worry about using the Ultimate Bonnets on your black Grand Am. I used them all the time on my black Ram Air TA, and they never scratched or swirled. The Ultimate Bonnet is the safest thing to use on that fiberglass hood with the soft clear coat, which scratches very easily!

You can't go wrong with the Ultimate Bonnet for wax and sealant removal!

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');