• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars ALL WHEEL cleaner question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars ALL WHEEL cleaner question!

Hey guys,

I finally got around to picking up some Meg's ALL WHEEL cleaner today at Wally World for $6.00

Anyway, I need some advice on cleaning the inner portion of my factory OEM rims. I have a 2007 Acura TSX, and a 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD - this stuff will work fine on those rims, right?

Also, I live in a condo with water restrictions, so I don't have access to a hose readily, so what I've been doing is using a 1-gallon sprayer (the kind that you would use to spray pesiticides, etc). If you pump it enough, it produces a decent stream of water.

So, I was originally using Megs APC (Green stuff diluted 10:1) to clean the rims, and while it did ok, it wasn't great. I even used an EZ-spoke brush to get in between the spokes and into the inner part of the wheel. Well, it loosened some of the dirt/grime/tar, but not all of it. They still don't look "clean."

Here's my question: Will the Megs ALL Wheel cleaner remove all of this stuff? I have some Stoner's Tarminator as well, would that be more effective? Does Meg's make anything for removing this grime and pieces of tar that have stuck to the inside of the rim?

Lastly, will my sprayer work ok to remove the ALL Wheel cleaner, or will I need to go to the local coin OP to pressure wash the rims? I guess my question is, will the ALL Wheel cleaner harm the rims if it wasn't rinsed off good enough - althought I didn't have any issues with the APC green stuff.

Thanks much!

Jeff
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');