• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ClearlyCoated's Car Care Crash Cart (Mini-Detail Rig)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClearlyCoated's Car Care Crash Cart (Mini-Detail Rig)

Hey! It's a humble start, but a start nonetheless. Below are pics of my custom, hand pulled mini-mobile detailing-rig with all of the detailing essentials I would need (hopefully) for most paint corrections I might come across. Admittedly it doesn't look like much now, but wait until I fit this bad boy with 20" rims and a blower!

OK, the Meguiars Car Care Crash Cart is really a rebadged rolling Stanley toolbox (WalMart, $22). Dimensions: 24"H, 17"W, 9.5"D

The handle flips up for easy wheeled pulling, or folds down and locks so it can be carried it like a standard toolbox.

Contents of the Car Care Crash Cart with top lid and sliding front door opened

The upper tray in clockwise rotation holds a box of Meguiars clay, a bag of nitrile gloves, the G110 hex wrench, 2 Supreme Shine MF towels, safety glasses, and the standard G110 backing plate (W67DA).

The lower compartment stores some of the more commonly used Meguiars compounds and polishes (consumer and pro lines), Soft Buff and applicator pads,

Full contents of the Car Care Crash Cart. From left to right: Ultimate Compound, ScratchX 2.0, SwirlX, ScratchX (W68DA backing plate in the foreground), M07 Mirror Glaze, M26 Yellow Wax, M34 Final Inspection, M105, M205, M80, M02

Soft Buff Cutting, Polishing, and Finishing pads

With the upper tray removed, the upper compartment is home to the G110 and the Brinkmann Heartbreaker

With it's compact size, the re-badged Car Care Crash Cart is ready to roll!

This is the guy I hired to pull the Car Care Crash Cart. Hope he works out, I couldn't get a reference from his last employer...

Re: ClearlyCoated's Car Care Crash Cart (Mini-Detail Rig)

Sweet Detailing Rig!!
    I am surprised you got all that to fit in there!!
    I just use the Meguairs Bags I get from ADS.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Nice setup. What year is your Accord? Looks like a newer model. '08 or '09 maybe?
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
        With it is compact size, the re-badged Car Care Crash Cart is ready to roll!
        First off, brilliant idea! Looks awesome, and I'm glad it's portable enough to pack in the trunk . Funny thing is, I was going to go to WallyWorld tomorrow to pick up some empty spray bottles, but now I have something else on my list .

Comment

Cool cart.
          "What's the first rule when entering a man's car?"

"Respect a man's car, a man respects you."
          Transporter 2

Comment

Great idea!! doesnt it feel great to have everything all organized

Comment

So sweet!
              I nominate you for the "Car Crazy Award" for 2009!
              Ever since you went to Del Mar you've been a different person!
              And I vote no on 22"s! Think of the gas milage!
              (I think I'll get rid of my gf so I can buy all the stuff I want too!)

Comment

Easily one of the greatest things ever
                "The shinier your car, the brighter your day"

Comment

That is a great idea. I have one of those toolboxes collecting dust. Wife and I have to go to the east coast next week to help her mom out with a couple of things. This means I have to detail her car. Iwas wondering how I was going to transport everything over there. You gave me the perfect solution. Thanks.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

very nice!!
                    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

very nice little setup...now you can add the brushes i sold you...
                      RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Sweet setup Swurly. i like how you call it your heartbreaker haha
                        "Every moment frontin and maxin
                        Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
                        "

Comment

amazing idea. really suits Meguiar's color theme too (yellow/black)

Comment

That cart just looks so good . I stopped by WallyWorld today and they had one left in stock for $22.50, and I almost bought it except that it felt a bit cheap in a few areas (yes, I know it's only 20 bucks). I wouldn't mind paying $10 more for a little more quality, though. A couple of the yellow friction latches on the front barely held, which is unfortunate because I thought the lid would pop open while the unit is in the trunk of my car. Otherwise, it's a brilliant idea and I hope they come out with an upgraded, heavier-duty version 2.0 . I'll be looking out for it.

Comment

I think you might have looked at a defective unit. The one I use has worked well and I haven't had any problem with the latches popping open.

But still...

Just to be sure, I decided to conduct a little test using my suspended luggage weight scale

As you can see, the Stanley rolling tool box stayed latched

Just to assure no sleight of hand was being practiced...

And at a fully loaded 30 lbs, the latches on the toolbox held up just fine

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');