• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets talk about M105

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lets talk about M105

What's IPA? Sorry I tried searching for that before asking

Comment

Isopropyl alcohol. Easily found at most stores.
      Alex C.

Comment

Haha, that's a horrible idea.

I'm using that stuff to clean my rock chip repairs. I'm getting paint transfer on my MF cloth, it's too strong. It also leaves some rough areas on the surface. It'll clean stuff, sure, but really it's just "relocating" it and spreading it across the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
          Haha, that's a horrible idea.

I'm using that stuff to clean my rock chip repairs. I'm getting paint transfer on my MF cloth, it's too strong. It also leaves some rough areas on the surface. It'll clean stuff, sure, but really it's just "relocating" it and spreading it across the surface.
          If you're wiping the surface down with IPA (as opposed to some other pharmacy alchohol mixtures) make sure you use it in a 50/50 mix with water. If you are having paint transfer or hazing from the IPA, there may be much greater issues going on or the paint is a single stage and the transfer is related to that. IPA wipedowns for me remove all products from the surface so if you're simply smearing it or relocating it then you may have too much...

Comment

You may be right, my situation is very different. Personally though I'd like the oils to stay on the car and seal them over with a wax.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');