• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email after receiving a PM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email after receiving a PM.

Can you set up sending an email to the receiver after they are sent a PM? It will help folks who make infrequent visits to MOL to know that they have a PM waiting for them in their inbox.

I found this option helpful from other forums.

Also, any way to increase our PM storage?

Re: Email after receiving a PM.

infrequent visits...how is that even possible, i'm addicted to these forums, I'm probably on here 20 different times a day, LOL. You are right though, it would be nice.
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

If I understand correctly, you want an email when your get a PM, if so that already happens, unless you turned yours off.
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
        If I understand correctly, you want an email when your get a PM, if so that already happens, unless you turned yours off.
        There is a problem or minor corruption with the website software, (my guess in the SQL database). The email notification is working for some and not for others. I stopped getting notifications a couple of months ago.

Mike
        Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

When people register they have the option to be notified of PM's and also replies to messages they posted to or threads they've started.

My guess is some people don't read or understand this as they're filling out the information to register and thus don't get the notifications.

Instead of increasing the number of PM's a person can have it's usually better to leave it where it's at and all of us need to process our PM's and then delete them when they are no longer needed.

I restrict myself and our Mods to the same number of PM's our members can have and it forces me to keep my PM in-box cleaned out. If I increased the number of PM's I can store I'm afraid it would make me lazy and instead of processing PM's I would simply let them build up. (I think a lot of people would do this too).

I'll send an e-mail to our Webmaster and bring up the issue of people not getting e-mails from the forum but we've been through this numerous times and our system checks out okay.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I'll recheck my options as I usually want an email sent regarding PMs and replies. I have noticed that I haven't received any emails though. The latest email I've gotten is the QID survey.

This thread was prompted after another user asked the same thing. It's interesting to see that it's 50:50 if you get an email or not.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');