• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last Touch then UQW (with pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Touch then UQW (with pics)

My truck is a daily driver. Being that, i dust it every morning and follow up with a LT wipedown every other morning. So really, my truck only gets washed when either it rains or when i'm gonna apply another coat of wax. I know UQW is best to use after a wash to boost shine and protection, but in my case the paint gets a real coat of wax after a wash. So.........

Has anyone tried UQW right after a LT wipedown? Do you guys think it'd be a waste to do that? Would there be any point to it at all? I would imagine there'd be bonding issues with the UQW as LT leaves a slick finish already. Just thinking out loud, all opinions are wanted.

btw, UQW smells great! I swear it smells like hawaiian punch.
    Alex C.

Re: Last Touch then UQW??

I've done UQW immediately after a QD with Last Touch several times. I like the results.

Mike
    Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I haven't, but I've often thought it might be OK. I usually apply Last Touch after a fresh wash, followed by UQW, I feel that LT cleans the surface of any mild water spotting or light dust/pollen that might have collected while I was drying the car or cleaning the hidden surfaces. Presents me with a clean and flawless finish on which to apply UQW.

Comment

Yeah, i was thinking i could add UQW into the mix maybe once a week right after a LT wipedown. Not after every LT wipedown, i imagine it'd get expensive that way.
        Alex C.

Comment

It can be done, BUT REMEMBER that you need to have a flawlessly clean surface to use UQW since you buff the UQW into the paint, where as with QD you gently wipe. If you miss dust or dirt with the Last Touch treatment you could induce swirls.

That said, I do follow LT with UQW...just be cautious.

Comment

Here it is after a LT wipedown only:

They're slightly grainy. I guess i don't know how to work my GF's camera. In a few days when i do the UQW application i'll take more pics. We'll see if there's a noticeable difference.
            Alex C.

Comment

WOW, that looks awesome! Not often you see a truck from that era with paint that immaculate.

Comment

Thanks Mark, it's a work in progress. The paints only 2 years old, but i've managed to keep it swirl free so far. ALL with Meg's products by the way. Except for my Cali duster of course.

............ would it be possible to change the thread title to say "Last Touch then UQW (with pics)"?
                Last edited by Alex C.; May 7, 2009, 11:40 AM. Reason: rename thread
                Alex C.

Comment

Originally posted by Black150 View Post
                  Thanks Mark, it's a work in progress. The paints only 2 years old, but i've managed to keep it swirl free so far. ALL with Meg's products by the way. Except for my Cali duster of course.

............ would it be possible to change the thread title to say "Last Touch then UQW (with pics)"?
                  No problem. Consider it done

Comment

Re: Last Touch then UQW (with pics)

Thanks Mark. More pics coming once the UQW is applied. I'll try and get the same three angles.
                    Alex C.

Comment

Well, i couldn't wait. Here it is, LT and UQW.

Just LT

LT and UQW

Just LT

LT and UQW

Just LT

LT and UQW

I used LT to first clean everything, paint, glass, chrome and then the door jambs. Then i used UQW on everything, same order.

The shine seems to be slightly higher, but it could just be me. I'll tell you this, it buffed off much easier than it did when i used it right after a real wash. I'm guessing the slickness of LT had something to do with it. While the shine isn't much different, i still feel better knowing that i have that sacrificial layer with UQW that can easily be applied on a weekly basis.
                      Last edited by Alex C.; May 8, 2009, 09:48 AM. Reason: comparison pics
                      Alex C.

Comment

Your truck does look great. Good choice for keeping it looking great. Nice work.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');