• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever cross product "streams"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever cross product "streams"?

Remember the old 1984 Ghostbusters movie? There was a scene where Dr. Spengler, played by Harold Ramis, warns Bill Murray's Dr. Venkman not to cross their protoplasmic streams:
    Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: What?
    Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
    Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
    Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm a little fuzzy on the whole "good/bad" thing here. What do you mean, "bad"?
    Dr. Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
    Dr. Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal!
    Dr. Peter Venkman: That's bad. Okay. All right, important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.
    Do you ever feel that way about Meguiars product lines? Would something cosmically horrible happen if you were to compound with a SMAT product and follow it up a DAT polish? Do you use consumer and pro line products together on the same detail? Or do you avoid crossing product "streams" and focus on staying with standard combinations like M105\205, M83\80, or Ultimate Compound\Deep Crystal polish\NXT 2.0?

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention, would love to hear your reasons, pro or con
    Sure, why not? Especially the SMAT consumer and pro lines
    80.49%
    No, never. Meguairs designed product pairings to achieve optimal results
    19.51%

Re: Do you ever cross product "streams"?

Yes! First one to vote, Yep I use whatever I believe is necessary at the time, and if that means going to some color x after using a mirror glaze product to remove some slight micro marring, then yes.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Do I ever use Megs supplies between the different lines? Absolutely.

If a product is good, it's good.
      I use whatever is required for the job.

Comment

I always mix NXT 2.0 and the old 21 to achieve the awesome results I get!

Comment

I use the products I am familiar with. It is a cross sampling of all the product lines.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Mix & match is pretty common for me.
            Using products from different manufacturers on the same project is not at all uncommon.
            Charles
            The Rainmaker

Comment

sure, why not.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Definitely, using Swirlx and then #7 polish then Gold Class wax, really brought my mother-in-laws black '92 Lincoln to life. Even after almost a month it still looks like I did it yesterday.
                Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

I use Meguiars, Mothers and Wax Shop products

Comment

I didn't vote but I love Ghostbusters.
                    Dilution Chart

Comment

I do also. I use whatever it takes to get the results I want to achieve.

Andy
                      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I'n my quest for the perfect I have accumulated tons of products from various lines and various manufacturers. I'll use whatever works and I'm always willing to try new products.

When I used to detail for a living I used to get samples from various distributors and I have a lot of stuff that I have not even tried and still want more... lol

Comment

wow this is a tough one...its hard to say that you should only use a certain line product with another product from the same line...for example, each line has its own goodies...for example...i use shampoo plus for my wash, but then i use M40 for my plastic trim, and then i might use Hot shine gel for my tires, but then ill use Wheel Brightener for the Rims, and then ill use QID for the dash to clean it, but then ill use M40 to dress it...each line from meguairs has its own stuff that you might fall in love with...and also, everything from meguiars lines are all great products..so its hard to say that Meguairs designed product pairings to achieve optimal results...perhaps you could agree to that in a case where M105/205 is a great combo...however nobody ever said you have to use M205 after M105..you could acheive great results with M09 after M105 or even swirlX ! so yeah, theres my 2 cents
                          Addicted

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');