• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spin-on Leak-Proof Bucket Lids (Gamma Seals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spin-on Leak-Proof Bucket Lids (Gamma Seals)

Do you like those nice spin-on lids on the Grit Guard buckets? I picked up a few here:

Now if I could pick up a round vinyl coated cushion or two on the cheap it would be almost as good as getting MOL email notifications .

Re: Spin-on Leak-Proof Bucket Lids (Gamma Seals)

If you have a regular bucket, those $3 snap on lids at Lowe's work great too (what I use to take warm, pre-mixed wash solution down to the wand wash).

Comment

+1 on the cheapo $3 Home Depot buckets and $1 snap on lids

Comment

Hmm...looks like a great idea to transport my solution of made ONR. However, don't the snap on lids from HP leak?

Comment

I picked up some grey snap lids from Lowe's yesterday. The seal is very tight and difficult to remove, but I haven't tested if they would leak. I'm sure they wouldn't, though.

At $1.50 each, they aren't a bad deal.
          Chris
          Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Excuse my ignorance but what's the point in having a lid at all?

Aren't you just using the bucket for washing and rinsing, then dump it and store it until next time?

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
              Excuse my ignorance but what's the point in having a lid at all?

Aren't you just using the bucket for washing and rinsing, then dump it and store it until next time?
              I guess from reading posts here some people need to transport their own car wash solution to their local car wash or somewhere else

Comment

My garage is on a alley here in Chicago so during the winter, and in the summer if it's late at night, I wash at the coin op so it's nice to keep my #62 solution and rinse water in the buckets during transit. I use a white lid for rinse and a blue lid for soap. The snap on lids with the rubber ring found at HD are OK and don't leak except:

1) they are a pain to remove since they are very tight and
                2) they break after a few uses especially here in the frigid Midwest.

I like the Gamma Seals which I snap onto my old joint compound (wash) and Homer (rinse) buckets. They just add to my carwashing experience which doubles as therapy when my three kids are driving me crazy in their quest to continually torment each other and their mother (insert pic of a smiley meditating).

Comment

Right on, I see. Makes sense then. I used to live in an apartment but the coin op washes all had signs saying "no buckets/pails"

Don't have to worry about that now though,

Comment

About 8 or 9 years ago I bought a Meguiar's bucket with a velcro bottle holder and lid. The lid was actually a seat and I still use it to this day. It's one of my favorite things in my detailing collection. It's especially nice cleaning tires and wheels.

I also have a gamma lid that came with my pad washer, but I haven't used it for transporting any water. I just use the snap on lids from Wal-Mart for that.

Comment

Sandstone, you're getting me in trouble again, now I have something else I need to buy!

I have been using a 3 gallon Crowley's cream cheese bucket with lid that I got for free from a gourmet grocery store where I live. However, since I use ONR from time to time I make up the mixture first and then put it in the trunk of my car. I wash the car in the back parking lot of my condo complex. The lid is not the best, and can leak.

This gourmet grocery store routinely puts out empty 5 and 3 gallon containers for customers to take for free, so I never have to pay for car washing pails. However, for something specific like I need it for, you have to be willing to pay a price!

Comment

I have not had one of those snap on lids leak yet. I tested it to make sure as well before I stuck it in the trunk of the Mustang. That is the last place in the world I want a mess. I've already had a brand new bottle of car soap crack and leak all over the trunk. Boy was that fun to clean up.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');