• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Wipe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Wipe!

I used an ultimate wipe for the first time today and it was amazing. I used it for removing M80. It just wipes the stuff up like no problem. I love it! I have never had a towel that can remove product so easily. Too bad I only have one (which is now officially yellow from washing it with yellow microfibers haha) Looks like it is time to order a bunch!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Re: Ultimate Wipe!

I have always used Supreme Shines for product removal, and UW for the final wipe, UQD/UQW. Maybe I am missing something?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      I have always used Supreme Shines for product removal, and UW for the final wipe, UQD/UQW. Maybe I am missing something?
      What do you mean by final wipe? Isn't the UW made for product removal rather than QD'ing since it doesn't have much nap

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

I dunnno?

I bought many Supreme Shines when the UW was discontinued... So could be a new thing for me as well.
        Last edited by Murr1525; May 9, 2009, 02:28 AM.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The ultimate wipes (and edgeless low nap microfibers like these) work great on glass as well...

Comment

I like the UW for final wiping of wax, great towel.

It does a great job of removing anything, but I only have one too.....Need to order some someday.....
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

I also use the uw for the final wipe. I am happy this way. I guess I will have to try one out for wax removal.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I just bought a few of these UW's and am awaiting for their arrival. I thought the UW was for product removal as well.

I also was able to get my hands on several of the GC duo-fiber glass towels which I read were really good for cleaning the glass.

Comment

I am increasingly impressed with the Ultimate Wipe. I tried it for the first time with Last Touch this past week. Something went wrong. It looked as if lint or dust was stuck to the surface. Perhaps it was transferred to surface from the microfiber towel I was using to wipe off the LT. It wouldn't come off. So I pulled out an Ultimate Wipe and tried the LT again. Voila! The dust/lint was gone.
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

I was under the impression that the UW was for product removal as well. I bought 2 form ADS, believe they were $2 and change a piece, have not used them yet.

I do have some of the blue perl ones like the UW and they are great for product removal, so I have a hunch that the UW will work just as great.

However you use them, as long as they work for YOU, thats all that matters i suppose
                    2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                    2005 Honda CRF250R
                    2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I swear by the Ultimate Wipes. I have so many now that they are the only towel I reach for to use on my paint.

Mike
                      Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

I used an ultimate wipe today for the first time, it worked amazingly well. I used it for product removal (M105) and it worked much much better than the general purpose towel I was using before.

I may have to hit up Rick at ADS for about 10 more.

Very nice towel for product removal (at least for me)
                        2005 Honda CRF250R
                        2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I am with the rest that it is a great towel all around! I only have 5, need to buy some more..
                          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

i did read on ADS website that if using M135 Synthetic spray detailer they recommend using an Ultimate Wipe for that. I have not used one for that yet, only for removing polishes
                            2005 Honda CRF250R
                            2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Originally posted by 02zx9r View Post
                              i did read on ADS website that if using M135 Synthetic spray detailer they recommend using an Ultimate Wipe for that. I have not used one for that yet, only for removing polishes
                              They seem to work really good with spray detailers. Really good.
                              Alex C.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');