How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!

Registered Member Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Originally posted by Sccrdq
    great write up!!

quick question though..
    if i used NXT on my car, does it matter which quick spray i use on it or what if i used a wax on the car?? can i switch around between the two sprays?? (i have both bottles )

thanks
    It's just personal choice, both products will work fine over the NXT Tech Wax. The difference between the two products is this, the NXT Spray Wax is all synthetic ingredients, while the Meguiar's Quik Wax contains Carnauba wax in the formula.
    Mike Phillips
    Office: 800-869-3011 x206
    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net
    "Find something you like and use it often"

Registered Member
    oh shoot!!

sorry tim my baaad~
    yes the two sprays i was refering to are nxt and quick wax

Gene

Hey Gene,

That is what I figured! As Mike said, either one works great over NXT Tech Wax, IMHO!

Tim

Registered Member
    I sustituted a terry covered foam pad for the Tech wax foam pad. It was easier for me to handle and allowed me to lay down a nice thin coat of the Booster.

Tom

Originally posted by tguil
    I substituted a terry covered foam pad for the Tech wax foam pad. It was easier for me to handle and allowed me to lay down a nice thin coat of the Booster.

Tom
    Possibly starting as soon as January, many of our new accessory line products will become available. I think this new product will work very well with our spray waxes...

EVEN-COAT APPLICATOR PAD 2-PACK

Unique Quality Features

· The ultimate tool for truly even application of any wax, producing unsurpassed mirror-like results.
    · Specialized microfiber material produces unsurpassed results when applying wax or protectant.
    · Ideally sized for long-term comfort.
    · Washable and reusable.

X3080
    Suggested Retail Price $2.99

The quick, comfortable, and effective way to apply wax.

Mike Phillips

Registered Member
    I applied NXT Spray Booster today -- about 42 degrees in the garage. It went on fine -- a thin even coat applied with a terry foam pad. It was a real pain in the butt to remove -- by hand with microfiber polishing cloths. I let it set up for about 1/2 hour before starting to remove it. I would have been better off applying and removing another layer of Tec Wax with my pc. It would have been easier and faster.

I hope that the "boost" that the Spray Booster is supposed to give is worth it. Mike, how much "boost" does this product have?

I think that I have a sort of "love/hate" relationship with the Spray Booster. I am really ready for the NXT QD.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Perhaps the temperature was a little cool or the humidity was a little higher? There could be many variables at play.

I have found that the added boost is really worth it. Though, I have not tried the NXT Spray since it has turned cold outside. Also, I do not leave it on that long however. I tend to apply and remove at a much faster interval.

Happy Holidays!!

Tim

I hope that the "boost" that the Spray Booster is supposed to give is worth it. Mike, how much "boost" does this product have?
    The boost that the Spray Wax offers isn't so much to go above and beyond the results that Tech Wax creates, it's to restore the look that Tech Wax, (or any wax), created immediately after you applied it the last time.

NXT Spray Wax and Meguiar's Quik Wax restores that "Just waxed look". That's how it boosts, it restores the just waxed look your previously had after waxing. It's a product that you use in-between regular applications of a normal coat of wax.

We coined the term Booster Wax and wrote the label copy in a way to try to educate people that this product isn't a wax you apply to a car that doesn't already have a good coat of wax on it. This comes from the experience a person described on another forum over a year ago. They tried the Meguiar's' Quik Wax on a car with a neglected finish and then complained that the product didn't work.

Well our spray waxes are not intended to restore neglected finishes, they are intended to be used on finishes in excellent condition that already have a good base coat of wax on them. This means, new cars that have been waxed, or older cars that have been clayed, cleaned, polished and waxed.

The term booster wax was a term chosen to try to avoid having people think this wax can be applied to a Ford Taurus that has sat outside for 3-5 years and never been waxed. It's not that kind of product.

As far as the wipe off goes, you wipe it off immediately after it hazes. For most people this is only a few minutes. I personally apply to the entire car and then follow my path of application, (POA, a new acronym for the Alcyone list!), and remove it.

Also, I have noticed when the temperature drops, it does seem to be more difficult to remove.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips

Registered Member
    Thanks, Mike and Tim.

I thought that the temperature might have something to do with it. Also the humidity was pretty high. I washed my truck outside and dried it inside, the floor was pretty damp.

Next time, I'll not wait so long to remove Spray Booster.

The truck itself has an ample of amount of Tech Wax on it. Really more than ample.

Tom

Thanks, Mike and Tim.

I thought that the temperature might have something to do with it. Also the humidity was pretty high. I washed my truck outside and dried it inside, the floor was pretty damp.

The truck itself has an ample of amount of Tech Wax on it. Really more than ample.

Tom
    If I have time tomorrow, I'm going to wash and wax the Pilot tomorrow. I'm going to try the new Even Coat Applicator to apply the NXT Spray Wax to see how well it performs for applying spray waxes.

I'll check the temperature when I apply it and pay attention to the removal process.

Mike
    Mike Phillips

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information