• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I applied NXT Spray Booster today -- about 42 degrees in the garage. It went on fine -- a thin even coat applied with a terry foam pad. It was a real pain in the butt to remove -- by hand with microfiber polishing cloths. I let it set up for about 1/2 hour before starting to remove it. I would have been better off applying and removing another layer of Tec Wax with my pc. It would have been easier and faster.

I hope that the "boost" that the Spray Booster is supposed to give is worth it. Mike, how much "boost" does this product have?

I think that I have a sort of "love/hate" relationship with the Spray Booster. I am really ready for the NXT QD.

Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

Perhaps the temperature was a little cool or the humidity was a little higher? There could be many variables at play.

I have found that the added boost is really worth it. Though, I have not tried the NXT Spray since it has turned cold outside. Also, I do not leave it on that long however. I tend to apply and remove at a much faster interval.

Happy Holidays!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
        I hope that the "boost" that the Spray Booster is supposed to give is worth it. Mike, how much "boost" does this product have?
        The boost that the Spray Wax offers isn't so much to go above and beyond the results that Tech Wax creates, it's to restore the look that Tech Wax, (or any wax), created immediately after you applied it the last time.

NXT Spray Wax and Meguiar's Quik Wax restores that "Just waxed look". That's how it boosts, it restores the just waxed look your previously had after waxing. It's a product that you use in-between regular applications of a normal coat of wax.

We coined the term Booster Wax and wrote the label copy in a way to try to educate people that this product isn't a wax you apply to a car that doesn't already have a good coat of wax on it. This comes from the experience a person described on another forum over a year ago. They tried the Meguiar's' Quik Wax on a car with a neglected finish and then complained that the product didn't work.

Well our spray waxes are not intended to restore neglected finishes, they are intended to be used on finishes in excellent condition that already have a good base coat of wax on them. This means, new cars that have been waxed, or older cars that have been clayed, cleaned, polished and waxed.

The term booster wax was a term chosen to try to avoid having people think this wax can be applied to a Ford Taurus that has sat outside for 3-5 years and never been waxed. It's not that kind of product.

As far as the wipe off goes, you wipe it off immediately after it hazes. For most people this is only a few minutes. I personally apply to the entire car and then follow my path of application, (POA, a new acronym for the Alcyone list!), and remove it.

Also, I have noticed when the temperature drops, it does seem to be more difficult to remove.

Hope this helps...

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks, Mike and Tim.

I thought that the temperature might have something to do with it. Also the humidity was pretty high. I washed my truck outside and dried it inside, the floor was pretty damp.

Next time, I'll not wait so long to remove Spray Booster.

The truck itself has an ample of amount of Tech Wax on it. Really more than ample.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
            Thanks, Mike and Tim.

I thought that the temperature might have something to do with it. Also the humidity was pretty high. I washed my truck outside and dried it inside, the floor was pretty damp.

The truck itself has an ample of amount of Tech Wax on it. Really more than ample.

Tom
            If I have time tomorrow, I'm going to wash and wax the Pilot tomorrow. I'm going to try the new Even Coat Applicator to apply the NXT Spray Wax to see how well it performs for applying spray waxes.

I'll check the temperature when I apply it and pay attention to the removal process.

Mike
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              If I have time tomorrow, I'm going to wash and wax the Pilot tomorrow. I'm going to try the new Even Coat Applicator to apply the NXT Spray Wax to see how well it performs for applying spray waxes.

I'll check the temperature when I apply it and pay attention to the removal process.

Mike
              Done.

Read about it here...

Using the new Even Coat Microfiber Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

Mike
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike .... are there and paint protective properties in the nxt spray or is it purely a visual shine thing? I know its a broad kind of question with many variables but would an application of the nxt spray benefit even if only applied every 3 to 4 weeks after a wash?
                All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

Comment

Originally posted by SprintKing
                  Mike .... are there any paint protective properties in the NXT spray or is it purely a visual shine thing? I know its a broad kind of question with many variables but would an application of the NXT spray benefit even if only applied every 3 to 4 weeks after a wash?
                  Yes, there are paint protection ingredients in all Meguiar's spray waxes.

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Mike,

1 stupid question...

For the usage of Meguiar's Hi-Tech Applicator Pad, which side should face up during applying wax?
                    The side with Meguiar's facing up and next side with the wax for applying?
                    Or both side also can be use?

Thanks.
                    Last edited by ooikl; Jul 4, 2005, 09:35 PM.

Comment

ooikl, you may use both sides of the foam pad.
                      zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by ooikl
                        Hi Mike,

1 stupid question...

For the usage of Meguiar's Hi-Tech Applicator Pad, which side should face up during applying wax?
                        The side with Meguiar's facing up and next side with the wax for applying?
                        Or both side also can be use?

Thanks.
                        You can use either side of the pad as both sides are soft, open cell foam. A Best Practice, is to alway use one only side of any applicator throughout the application process especially when applying any paint cleaners, cleaner/polishes or cleaner/waxes. For this reason the side with the Meguiar's imprint serves as an indicator as to which side is you non-use side thus indicating to you the side that is the side you're using.

Throughout any application process always turn the pad over and inspect the working surface for contaminants and if discovered either remove them, wash the pad or substitute a fresh, clean applicator pad.
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Will the NXT spray give me better results after wash (Deep Crystal), ColorX, 2 coats of GC liquid wax? I did this to my car and my girlfriends G35 (both black). If the spray will help, i'll pick it up and apply it this weekend.

Looking forward to trying it.
                          Alex
                          '01 Blk Max. SE
                          '03 Blk G35 Sedan (GF's car)

"Hooked on Clay"

Comment

Originally posted by Love My Ride
                            Will the NXT spray give me better results after wash (Deep Crystal), ColorX, 2 coats of GC liquid wax? I did this to my car and my girlfriends G35 (both black). If the spray will help, I'll pick it up and apply it this weekend.

Looking forward to trying it.
                            A spray wax is a maintenance product that you use in-between normal applications of wax, not a substitute for a normal coat of wax.

You would use a spray wax after you did the things you listed to start with i.e.

(Deep Crystal),
                            ColorX
                            2 coats of GC liquid wax?
                            That is, once you done the above, there's no reason to now add a spray wax as it more than likely will not improve upon the the results of t coats of Gold Class wax.

However, the next time you wash either of the cars, instead of going through the above process of applying another coat of Gold Class Wax, you could instead apply a quick, thin coat of a spray wax and it will restore the finish to look like you just applied the Gold Class again. Or at least that's how it's supposed to work.

I have really good luck with both Meguiar's' spray-on waxes on our black Pilot and even on my old 73 Blazer with a Maaco paint job.
                            Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, if I'm a user of #16, can I apply NXT Spray Wax weekly on it?
                              zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by zey
                                Mike, if I'm a user of #16, can I apply NXT Spray Wax weekly on it?
                                I don't know, although I've never tried that combination I don't see why you couldn't. Give it a try.
                                Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');