• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Mike about the two camps on these products. I was in the "Don't Like" camp originally. Mainly because I saw them as Spray Wax. When I sprayed them, they got everywhere and were a lot of trouble to get off. I just about pitched the stuff, but I knew that Meguiars stuff always does what it says it will do, so I used the spray on a microfiber method. All I could say then was ...WOW.... I think that they (NXT Spray Wax) actually gives a higher gloss than several coats of NXT. Very nice for that just waxed look without the couple hours to wax my truck. I can spray wax them in about 20 minutes and the look is great.

Definately in the "LOVE" camp now!
    Mark
    1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
    1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
    2002 F150 Harley Davidson
    2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

Comment

Booster Wax sounds great !...I have a sort of related question...when you use a microfiber towel for something like this, do you wash it with your other towels or keep them seperate...I'm always confused about how to wash the towels I use for windows, wax removal etc etc...can you throw them all in the same load ?...weird question perhaps but it's something I'm just not sure of...
      Bill Poirier
      West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

if u keep adding the spray wax (booster) on top of your normal tech wax lets say twice a week after every wash, then for how long i have to wait until i do the whole re-wax again? (clay, clean, polish, wax)? or can i just add a tech wax above it?

will the wax layer gets thicker n thicker from the addition of spray wax?

Comment

I tried the spraywax yesterday and I really like how it works. I applied two coats of NXT about two weeks ago and the spraywax really gave the just waxed look back.
          It's so easy to use, I applied it with an Evencoat Applicator MF pad and it fits right in my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2
            I tried the spraywax yesterday and I really like how it works. I applied two coats of NXT about two weeks ago and the spraywax really gave the just waxed look back.
            It's so easy to use, I applied it with an Evencoat Applicator MF pad and it fits right in my hand.
            can u actually apply spray wax after two weeks of proper wax? wouldnt there be contaminants bond to your paint?

Comment

Originally posted by janicekoh
              can u actually apply spray wax after two weeks of proper wax? wouldnt there be contaminants bond to your paint?
              Yes. If you couldn't, that would kind of defeat the purpose of it.

Comment

janicekoh: You of course have to wash the car before applying it. I have washed the car four times in two weeks and it still looked really good. But the spray wax gave it back that "just waxed look".

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2
                  janicekoh: You of course have to wash the car before applying it. I have washed the car four times in two weeks and it still looked really good. But the spray wax gave it back that "just waxed look".
                  i wash my car 4 times in 2 weeks too..but the main concern is, after the wash, is it clean enough to do the wax? i think i read somewhere which says that before u wax u need to clean the paint or polish it..just afraid that i might rub some particles when i use the spray wax and create swirl marks..

Comment

janicekoh, first of all, do you feel your paint is smooth? If it's smooth, and the paint has very little amount of swirls/scratches, then you may proceed to apply the Spray Wax. If it's not, you can try to use either of the following paint cleaners:

1) Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

2) Deep Crystal Step 1: Paint Cleaner

3) Clearcoat Body Scrub
                    zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by zey
                      janicekoh, first of all, do you feel your paint is smooth? If it's smooth, and the paint has very little amount of swirls/scratches, then you may proceed to apply the Spray Wax. If it's not, you can try to use either of the following paint cleaners:

1) Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner

2) Deep Crystal Step 1: Paint Cleaner

3) Clearcoat Body Scrub
                      well..i felt that is is really smooth..like glass..but at certain areas like the hood, it felt smooth but with a bit of dust feeling (even though directly after wash)...so if i proceed with deep crystal step 1 paint cleaner,
                      do i have to polish it after that?
                      or apply the spray wax straight?
                      or apply 2 layer of tech wax? then later followed by spray wax?

thanks....

Comment

If you feel the paint is abit rough, then please proceed with claying. After that, apply the Deep Crystal Step 1 Paint Cleaner. It depends on what colour is your car, if it's black or red, maybe you want to add in a layer of Deep Crystal Step 2 Polish to add the depth of colour. Lastly, seal it up with 2 layers of NXT Tech Wax, each layer applied 12 hours apart. Maintain the paintwork weekly by applying Spray Wax after the car wash.

Comment

Originally posted by janicekoh
                          if u keep adding the spray wax (booster) on top of your normal tech wax lets say twice a week after every wash, then for how long i have to wait until i do the whole re-wax again? (clay, clean, polish, wax)? or can i just add a tech wax above it?

will the wax layer gets thicker n thicker from the addition of spray wax?
                          can someone pls help me on the above questions??

Comment

Morning all, hello Janice,

I'm also newish to detailing but I have seen a number of threads all saying the same thing, basically it depends on the conditions in and around the area where you live.

I will be applying a spray wax booster once a week and I expect to do a full detail including clay every 4months or so.

Best way is to inspect you paintwork rubbing your hand lightly over the paint particularly behind the wheel arches, if it feels gritty then it's time to clay.

Also using wax twice a week may well build up the wax coating but wax wears off it's a sacraficial coating but as I say depending on the conditions in your area doing it twice a week may well build that coating up.

I think this is about rite.

Bryan
                            Last edited by Blr123; Aug 25, 2005, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Blr123, the environment which Janice and I live are...

Temperature: 22C (Night) - 34C (Day)
                              Weather: Tropical (Rain/Sun)
                              Average Rain Water pH: <4.4

Basically wax wears off quickly after several rain fall, followed by strong sun light. It'll be good to wax the car at least once every month, and apply spray wax once every week.

Comment

Hello Zey & Janice,

I think you may well correct, I might be temted to use the Spray Wax twice a week myself if I were FORTUNATE enough to live in this type of climate, for all the time it takes.

I'm sure some of the more experienced detailers will along shortly with cofirmation or additional information.

Bryan

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');