• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Dressing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Dressing

Hi
    I'm looking for a tire dressing can produce a natural rubber look not shiny or oily. Could you, please. advice me which product I can use?

Thanks
    Moheb

Re: Tire Dressing

Moved out of the "How To Articles" forum, which is kind of for "How-To" articles, not questions.

Moved to Detailing 101 which is for questions.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Our M40 and Hyper-Dressing in our Professional line are both water-based and leave a matte finish.

M4016

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

hyper-dressing can be diluted to four different ratios for different looks, and in my opinion worked great the one time i did use it on my clean tires. I plan on doing it more often

Natural shine leaves a matte, natural look as well
        2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
        2005 Honda CRF250R
        2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

How often do you plan on re-applying the tire dressing? Natural Shine, while more or less is marketed as an interior protectant, works on tires and gives it a very natural look, however it doesn't last much more than a week (provided there is no rain). Here is a pic from another member of All Season Dressing (from the Detailer line) - this gives a dark, natural look with some shine:

I have not had the chance to use All Season Dressing personally, but everything I have heard about it on this forum has been excellent, plus it lasts several weeks. Including the products that Mike Phillips suggested, I'm guessing these four products would be your best bets. Note that Natural Shine is the only consumer product that can be found on the shelves of Wal-Mart or a local automotive parts store - the rest must usually be ordered online. Hope this helps!
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Hyperdressing gets my vote. The four different ratios makes it very easy to get the shine to your liking.
            Alex C.

Comment

Just to note, the Hyper-Dressing being referred to is in our Professional Detailer Line of products and you can't buy it an a normal/regular auto parts store.

See this thread,

How to locate Meguiar's Professional and Detailer products in your hometown

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I would heavily dilute Hyper Dressing, or use some M40 or Natural Shine Protectant

But none will last long, they are all water based.
                Matt

Comment

Thanks to all.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');