• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good business plan? Pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good business plan? Pricing?

I work with my dad selling plumbing supplies but our office has a garage that's pretty conducive to car detailing. There is a guy next door who does things like pressure washing interiors yet still has customers. He is moving out of the complex in a few weeks and I am thinking of setting up shop here. I would work when I get off (between 3 and 4) and I would probably be doing quick washes and waxes because that is what I feel the market wants based on my experience with the guy next door. There is a tire shop further down the strip that is in general a very cheap place, so those are the kind of customers I will be attracting unfortunately. My overall goal is to get experience and see if this is something I want to stick with, becoming mobile early next year if I can. Here is the information I put on a flyer and I wanted to run it by everyone here and see what you guys think. I do not include any paint correction as I have had not-so-great results with my G110 thus far. I will add those services when I get proficient.

Flyer start:
    Below are the 4 detailing packages I am offering. The prices are baselines and increase with the size and complexity of the detail. Time estimations are approximate and based on a standard size sedan.

Express Wash & Wax
    - Pre-soak with a Bug and Tar Remover on tough spots
    - a Quick, Thorough Wash including Pressure Washing of the Wheel Wells and Wheels
    - Drying with a High Quality Microfiber Towel
    - a Quick Spray Wax for added gloss
    - Provides a Basic Amount of Protection with Limited Durability
    - License Plates can be removed at your request

Car: $35+
    Truck/SUV: $60+
    1-1.5 hours

Full Exterior
    - Everything included in the Basic Wash & Wax
    - Claying of the Car to Remove Bonded Contaminants and Increase Clarity
    - Pressure Washing and Wax applied to the Door Jambs
    - Alloy Wheels Waxed
    - High Quality Meguiar's Paste Wax Depending on the Color and Condition of the underlying Paint
    - Windows Sealed with Rain-X

Car: $75+
    Truck/SUV: $110+
    4-5 hours

Full Interior
    - a Thorough Vacuuming of the Interior
    - Shampooing of the Carpet
    - Pressure Washing of the Floor Mats
    - Cleaning of Leather Seats and Vinyl
    - a Satin Dressing of the Dash and Vinyl Parts
    - Glass Cleaned

Car: $75+
    SUV/Truck: $100+
    3-4 hours

Full Detail
    - Everything included in the Full Exterior
    - Everything included in the Full Interior
    - Pressure Washing and Dressing of the Engine Bay
    - Great for a Car being put up For Sale

Car: $150+
    SUV/Truck: $210+
    8-10 hours

These times are approximate but I will not take on work I cannot get done in the allotted time. Please call Kyle at (***)***-**** to schedule an appointment.
    End flyer.

Times on everything are a little long in case there are snags along the way but it takes me pretty much that amount of time to get those done. Also, the post probably makes me seem 17 or 18, but I am 23 with a business degree. I am in the process of writing a business plan, I just want some feedback before I go any further. Thanks a lot for your help, guys!

Re: Good business plan? Pricing?

prices are low, too low imo
    my name is trip and i take life very serious..

Comment

Re: Good business plan? Pricing?

Thanks for the input, Trip. A couple people have said that. I think the customers I will be dealing with are looking for a compromise between time and money, so I priced it so that people will be more willing to let me have their vehicle for a longer time because the price is more reasonable. Then when they see the thorough job that I do I may keep them as a regular customer/get referrals. I don't think, even with my flyer, that people will get the amount of detail and time I will put into their cars, so my work will be above their expectations, but if the prices are much higher, I doubt they'll even want me to do their cars and they'll never see my work. I may just keep my Miata with me so that they can see the type of work I do and keep my prices higher. That way they'll understand how thorough the detail will get.

I know I don't have any before/afters up on the forum, but for an above average job covering those points, what would you price each detail? I really don't think I can go below $35 for the Express Wash.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');