• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extractor Soap ? chemicals ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extractor Soap ? chemicals ?

For those of you using a carpet extractor what soap do you use in your machine also does everyone use defoamer? Ive ordered a mytee lite II recently and was waundering which chemicals to put in it. one last thing should I pre spay or just use like a vacuume?
    Thanks I trust yall experts out ther will have some good answers thanks!
    Jason

I spray an all purpose cleaner
    All Purpose Cleaner

directly on the carpet or upholstery, agitate where needed, inject the 210 degree water with 100psi (This is where the action occurs). Then I use the extraction mode to remove 95% of the water and debris.

Putting a detergent IN the extactor leads to scum buildup, and just isn't necesary.

I do add an enzymatic odor terminator (neutral scent), which is VERY effective.

Be sure to run a gallon of white vinegar thru the extractor either weekly, or after every ten fresh fills.

Good Luck!
    If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Jim,
      Thanks for the good info.

Do you think an odor terminator would work in a Bissel Little Green Machine?

Eric
      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Do you think an odor terminator would work in a Bissel Little Green Machine?
        I've not used the LGM, but I would think that it would be effective...

Can't hurt.

Jim
        If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Eric i have used an odor terminator in my little green and it works great
          "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Comment

Thanks guys.

Eric
            Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Ive never heard of running the vinegar through whats it suppose to do remove lime and scale becuase if it does i should run a full tank because everytime i go to use my sprayer the tip is clogged and i have to take it apart and clean it.

Comment

Hey,

Vinegar, contains Acetic Acid ( CH3CO2H) an organic carboxylic acid that will help eliminate scale, mild mineral deposits etc. from plugging up your extractor.

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Be sure to run a gallon of white vinegar thru the extractor either weekly, or after every ten fresh fills.

Good Luck! [/B]
                  We use DI water in our machines and don't have the build up problem. Otherwise we clean interiors exactly as jim.
                  Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');