• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures & Comments for Advanced Class #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures & Comments for Advanced Class #6

Pictures & Comments for Advanced Class #6

Here's our training car, it's a completely swirled-out black 2008 Dodge Avenger Rental Car.

We expect our students will turn this swirled-out mess into a glisten black ruby...

And there might be a bird dropping etching under the bird dropping that will lend itself well to a new how-to article.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Re: Pictures & Comments for Advanced Class #6

I didn't have my camera with me, but I can tell you that we rocked that car.

Can't wait to see the pics everyone puts up.

Ed

Comment

Another stellar group of forum members attended our Advanced Class today and learned how to wet-sand by hand and machine and then learned how to use the rotary buffer to remove all their sanding marks and restore a clear, high gloss finish.

Well done everyone!

More pics on Monday...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Another great class, Mike.
        You do a tremendous job.
        Do you or others have any ideas about how to have young teens get involved?
        Just Detail 101 could have so many caring for their paint care.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the great class Mike. Even though I've read a lot on the forums and been up there twice before, I learned much more and got some great practical experience with wetsanding and the rotary buffer. Just as you said, the purpose for the class was not for us to master anything but it did raise my comfort level which is the best I can ask for. As I wrote before, the fact that Meguiar's educates people, lets them use their products, feeds them, and provides extra stuff like a certificate, drinks, a notepad, etc... ALL for FREE is amazing and unheard of. It really does say a lot about the company and how you guys care about the customers' experience. After realizing this, I'm a lifetime Meguiar's user no questions asked.

Whenever I tell anyone about it, they have a hard time believing me, no joke. They say things like "you have to give them your credit card while you're there right?" and "They must hassle you to buy their products right?" WRONG. But I DO buy the products and I will continue to buy the products because I know that Meguiar's is a good legitimate business that produces quality products and cares about the consumers. By doing things like this, Meguiar's also benefits because of the happy customers who tell others. I'm probably not going to tell many people about or be very loyal to a company that just makes good products. As soon as another company comes along with as good of a product, I'll just switch over and that's that. But Meguiar's stands out from the crowd in a good way so I'm constantly spreading the word and will continue to in the far future.

As far as Mike Phillips, we already know he's the man. He did a great job teaching the class. He was very thorough, he did not rush, he explained the purpose of the clinic, and was extremely informative. The class would not be the same without him! And I still have yet to find a forum with a guy who has made 28,000 posts of good, helpful, informative content rather than having every other post say "use the search feature."

I rest my case. Thank you.
          -HealthyCivic
          Check out the glossary

Comment

What a great instructor! Meguiar's is lucky to have you. It was another great experience of training. It inspires me more. I'm proud of promoting Meguiar's in one of the city in the philippines. Kar ko! Auto spa is using Meguiars products too. Thank you very much. God bless you and meguiar's.

Comment

Bird dropping??? You guys still have a condor flying around? That's one huge bird ****!

Looks like a fun class.
              Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
              08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
              98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
              82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Looked like whole day of fun.

By the way, Mike - any particular reason(s) your class using the Quanix over other brands, say Defelsko?

Tim
                Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by TimG View Post
                  By the way, Mike - any particular reason(s) your class using the Quanix over other brands, say Defelsko?

Tim
                  Not really...we just happen to use those
                  Mike Pennington
                  Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
                  Meguiar's, Inc.
                  800-854-8073
                  mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Mike Thanks for the great class on Saturday. I have always been scared of wet sanding but I learned so much in your class that I am now confident enough to try it out. I had a great time. Thanks so much for all your help!!!!
                    Drive her Fast but Wax her slow

Comment

Getting ready to add some more pictures, in the process I found the sunburst shot my camera picked up randomly. One of the forum member's brought their brand new 2009 Camaro so here's a few shots of it...

And the sunburst shot...

Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Here's some more pictures from the class to give you an idea of what we do in these classes...

After hand-sanding and machine-sanding, we moved on to the rotary buffer.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

What did you guys end up doing to the Camaro?

Was it in bad shape?
                          Nick
                          Tucker's Detailing Services
                          815-954-0773
                          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                            What did you guys end up doing to the Camaro?

Was it in bad shape?
                            Nah it only had a couple little tracer "swirls." I don't know if they did anything after I left at the end but it was already in good shape!
                            -HealthyCivic
                            Check out the glossary

Comment

Curious how the air powered DA differs from the Porter Cable DA? Couldn't you use similar sanding pads on a G100 for the same effect? It was my understanding that the DA is a sander in its native form.

Opinions welcomed. Just something I have been thinking about recently.
                              NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');