• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steps to detail my engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Steps to detail my engine

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
    What confuses me is that I assume every vehicle's "exposed" electrical components are going to vary. The obvious are the alternator and fuse box. But, what about the battery connection cables?

I worry I might miss not covering something important and running into problems!
    Grab some aluminum foil from the kitchen and wrap it around anything you think might be an electrical connection. It will not melt or bond to any hot engine parts and is extremely pliable and clingy so it'll stay where you put it. It obviously will shed water better than a cloth or plastic bag (which might have holes or not fully cover everything).

Just PLEASE do not put it across both battery terminals...

Comment

hi roushstage,really nice work you've done there! Engine bay and exterior. That's what I call a showroom finish.

Do you happen to know what would be APC equivelant in europe?

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
        You should be able to apply the products on everything.
        Although it is silly to dress metal. Let Hyper Dressing sit for 15 minutes, then you with a terry towel dampened with Hyper Dressing and blot up the excess.
        Search around for pictures, they are here.
        Carfire,

I don't think it's silly to dress metal. Hyperdressing, no matter what surface it's on, leaves a nice film that will wash right off at the next cleaning. Although it does collect dust/dirt somewhat it makes the next cleaning so easy. No scrubbing.

I'm all in favor of coating everything (except belts) under the hood in HD.
        It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
          hi roushstage,really nice work you've done there! Engine bay and exterior. That's what I call a showroom finish.

Do you happen to know what would be APC equivelant in europe?
          Thanks.
          As for a European equivalent, check this site out:
          Zscaler makes the internet safe for businesses by protecting their employees from malware, viruses, and other security threats.

They carry Meguiar's products (they are an authorized dealer from what I see), including the APC which is on the above page. They also have some other brands as well, so you should be able to find something.

Comment

Hi roush,thanks for the link.

Comment

Hello Splash .. I've sent you a message on your Inbox .. You probably have not received it for some reason. will be just tackling some issues about your shop since I'm opening one mine in Saudi too soon. you could contact me if you're interstead on aburakan22@hotmail.com

Comment

He may have PM's disabled, but your e-mail address, which is also a clickable link, will more than likely be removed shortly as it is against the forum rules due to your post count.

Comment

thank you roushstage for clarifying your point

Comment

No problems, just a forum rule is all. Happens to us all at some point, lol. Maybe try a visitor message too. I *believe* it gives you a message alert as well.

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
                      That is a very nice looking Mustang. Nice work!
                      2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                      2005 Honda CRF250R
                      2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');