• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1994 Ford Lightning for sale...SOLD 6-28-09!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1994 Ford Lightning for sale...

If the engine was in, I'd buy it. I always wanted a Lightning.
    2018 Subaru Outback 3.6R Touring - Crystal White Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Hellspawn View Post
      Putting the motor in is the easy part. Specing out all the parts to build a solid motor is the hard part!
      If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

You should post on f150online.com as it has a pretty huge following. Lots of eyeballs...

There is also a Lightning specific site out there, but the name escapes me right now.

Comment

Gorgeous TRUCK!!!! Holy smokes Nick, that thing is hot. People don't understand what goes into a true, bad arse engine build. Sick from the ground up, sorry you have to sell, but best of luck!!
          Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellspawn View Post
            Honestly, it would take about 5 hours to put this motor in, then getting all the wiring set up. Could be completed, and ready to go in a weekend. If you're interested, please give me a call. I really need to sell due to some personal stuff going on in my life.

Nick
            214-205-1287
            2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
            2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
            2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
            2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks for all the words guys. This really is a great project. Would take very, very little to finish it and get it on the road.

Comment

Bump it back up to the top. Still for sale......price lowered to $7500

Just recently got all the parts to make it complete. Will start installing the motor here very soon. Once it's in the truck and dyno tuned, price will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                  There is also a Lightning specific site out there, but the name escapes me right now.
                  Try posting here... http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/index.php
                  Lots of gear heads on this forum!
                  Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lightning View Post
                    Try posting here... http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/index.php
                    Lots of gear heads on this forum!
                    That would be the one!

Comment

Nick try racingjunk.com it's free to post ads.

Comment

Originally posted by hot rod View Post
                        Nick try racingjunk.com it's free to post ads.
                        Be extremely careful on RacingJunk. There are many, many scammers. Once you advertise you will open yourself up to their attempts to gain any information possible to aid in identity theft, check fraud, etc.

I advertised a 67 Fairlane there a few years back and received about a dozen offers from illegitimate sources. I passed on all of them and ended up selling it locally for less than I wanted for it, but his money was good.

I posted my experiences in their forum, but I think they've revamped their site and I don't know if member experiences are still available. There are a lot of great people there, but it is risky especially for those too trusting or hurting for money. I read about some real horror stories where buyers as well as sellers were traveling across the country to track down people that ripped them off and law enforcement did little if anything to help. Funny how crooks can get away with anything and seem to vanish in the eyes of the law.

I did purchase my new motor for my drag car off the site, though, from a local guy in Ocala. I was able to go see and hear it run in the car, owned by a reputable, well organized and run mechanic/repair shop owner and it turned out to be a great deal. Has 20 1/4 mile runs on it in a 1600 lb. dragster and all his claims check out by looking at the lack of wear on bearings and cylinder walls. Would have cost me twice as much for a crate motor with the same power. Shafiroff wanted 10k plus shipping for the same setup. I paid $4500. So there are good deals and good buyers on RacingJunk if you're careful.

I would not purchase or sell something out of my local area unless they paid cash or their check cleared, the funds were deposited into my account and the bank did not try to come after me for the funds for several weeks if payment ended up being counterfeit, however.

Have you tried CraigsList? I know there are ripoff artists there too, but I sold all of my supercharger stuff, torque converter, Flaming River steering box, cam, heads, etc. from the old motor to local guys looking for good deals that will put the stuff to good use. Paid for my new motor - All cash!!!
                        Last edited by 10degreesbtdc; Jun 11, 2009, 02:52 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

To be completely honest, I really don't want to sell this truck. I have it advertised in a couple of different places, and I've gotten a few bites. But the longer I have it, the better

I need to sell it, but don't want to So I'm making a half a$$ed effort at it

Comment

That has to be the cleanest lightening trucks of that body style I have EVER seen, it would be a shame if you got rid of it, but life situation are understood..
                            Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Truck is now SOLD!!!

Comment

Re: 1994 Ford Lightning for sale...SOLD 6-28-09!!!!!

i guess its both good and bad.
                                Nick
                                Tucker's Detailing Services
                                815-954-0773
                                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');