• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is m07 worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is m07 worth it?

I am in the process of detailing my complete truck, I woke up at 6 a.m. in the morning today and still have tons of work to do on it.

I have already applied M83 and in about an hour i should finish applying M80

I was planning to follow the process with M07 and two coats of M21 to finish.

My question is, would it make a difference to apply M07? or can i skip it and go directly to M21 after M80?

My truck is dark grey (graphite) single stage paint

Re: is m07 worth it?

you can skip M07 if you want, you may or may not see a difference.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

It is optional, but since you used M80 which already has tons of polishing oils, it probably will not be necessary, nor will you be able to see much of a difference.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

What he ^ said.

Many of the same oils found in M07 are also in M80 so the benefit would be minimal at best. Save the time and go straight to you LSP.
        ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
          What he ^ said.

Many of the same oils found in M07 are also in M80 so the benefit would be minimal at best. Save the time and go straight to you LSP.
          I agree the results would be minimal at best not worth the effort.
          Black Bart

Comment

Do a test panel with M07, do a side by side comparison with the panel next to it, then go from there.
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

M07 is a pure polish for car shows and museums:
              Show Car Glaze outshines all other hand applied polishes, glazes, waxes and sealants. Restores a dazzling, deep, wet shine. Show Car Glaze does not dry white and is safe and effective on all paint finishes.

M21 is a different kinda wax that contains other products for protection and the like:
              Meguiar's® NEW M21 2.0 Synthetic Polymer Sealant formulation provides technologically advanced paint care and protection. It produces a noticeable deeper, darker, more reflective paint finish. Synthetic polymers deliver extreme protection, eliminating fine scratches and swirls, creating a flawless finish. It glides on easy, with a smooth, resistance-free wipe-off.

I can understand doing two coats of "one" kind of wax but I'm not on board with using multiple waxes. To me, it's a waste of money and time. You doubling or tripling your cost of wax and waxing three or four times just doesn't make sense to me. You can find one product to do what you need. That's why there's so many different waxes out there, to address individual problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Maserati Mario View Post
                Show Car Glaze outshines all other hand applied polishes, glazes, waxes and sealants. Restores a dazzling, deep, wet shine. Show Car Glaze does not dry white and is safe and effective on all paint finishes.

M21 is a different kinda wax that contains other products for protection and the like:
                Meguiar's® NEW M21 2.0 Synthetic Polymer Sealant formulation provides technologically advanced paint care and protection. It produces a noticeable deeper, darker, more reflective paint finish. Synthetic polymers deliver extreme protection, eliminating fine scratches and swirls, creating a flawless finish. It glides on easy, with a smooth, resistance-free wipe-off.

I can understand doing two coats of "one" kind of wax but I'm not on board with using multiple waxes. To me, it's a waste of money and time. You doubling or tripling your cost of wax and waxing three or four times just doesn't make sense to me. You can find one product to do what you need. That's why there's so many different waxes out there, to address individual problems.
                My understanding is that M7 is a polish and M21 is a wax and i have read that you have to use first a polish and a wax on toap of it. But i could be wrong, i am just a newbie.

At the end i did what someone suggested, i tested M7 on one panel to check and although there was a difference it was very small to be really noticeable. However since i was already at it i completed the whole truck.

I have just finished everything, you can tell i am a newbie, i started at 6 a.m. and ended at 12 a.m. it took me 18 hours to complete the whole truck!!

Comment

You'll get faster. Plus, it is easier to maintain that to start from scratch.

You can use a polish before a wax, but #80 is a cleaner/polish, so you got a lot of oils already. If you had used a product that was a cleaner only, then the #7 may have made more of a difference.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

No problem.
                    We were all new at one point
                    M7 is a "Pure Polish" as in it has no other products like UV protectors or any other synthetics in it
                    "Pure Polish" and other waxes are all waxes but some have additives as in NXT wax

Comment

"Pure Polish" and other waxes are all waxes but some have additives as in NXT wax
                      What is that supposed to mean? M07 is not a wax in any sense of the word. It is a PURE POLISH, only intended to boost the shine. You can't use it by itself and expect to be protecting your paint. And NXT 2.0 is not a polish either. It's a sealant with some fillers in it and slight cleaning properties.
                      Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I would do a side by side and see how you like it....Can't hurt nothing!

M80 has great polishing oils in it such as M07 and you can probably go to your favorite wax afterwards without the M07 but.....

I like M07 on our Yukon, but doesn't make a difference on our Neon and it really looks good on single stage paint such as on my boy's '67 Dodge D100 pickup Marlin Blue.....

Your choice.

As far as I know, M07 is a pure polish and not a wax. You can apply it and "seal" it in with a wax. M21 is a great wax, 2 thin coats and do a swipe test before removing
                        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

No idea what this means.

And

Even less idea what this means.
                          ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                            No idea what this means.

And

Even less idea what this means.
                            Shane

Comment

M80 is abrasive isn't it? It's used as sort of a Paint Cleaner/Polisher right?

Asking cause I'm looking for the lightest paint cleaner around to use on regular detail jobs on my car without cutting down the paint too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');