• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any new products coming up for 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any new products coming up for 2010?

Just curious to see if Meg's had any new products coming out for 2010. I know they just came out with a bunch of new stuff recently, but come on, there's so much genius at Meguiar's are they going to come out with more? Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a product comparable to Rain-X, with something to like repel bug guts, rather than having them stick to the windshield and then smear when you use your wipers. Eeeewwwwww!! I'd also like to see a wipe-on, wipe-off type of sealant, something like 3M Performance Finish perhaps. Well, that's my two bits for the day. Any other thoughts, comments, or suggestions out there?
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: Any new products coming up for 2010?

M135/UQD for the windshield.
    I do not know about the wipe on wipe off, or how about something like Opti Seal.
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Carfire View Post
      I do not know about the wipe on wipe off, or how about something like Opti Seal.
      Well, 3M Performance Finish is nice, I used it on my mom and dad's 2000 white Odyssey with no complaints. Goes on easy, comes off easy, and leaves a nice shine. I just think that Meguiar's could take that and fine tune it and make it even better. Like a wipe-on, wipe-off NXT 2.0! Now that would be cool.
      Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
        Personally I wouldn't mind seeing a product comparable to Rain-X, with something to like repel bug guts, rather than having them stick to the windshield and then smear when you use your wipers. Eeeewwwwww!! I'd also like to see a wipe-on, wipe-off type of sealant, something like 3M Performance Finish perhaps. Well, that's my two bits for the day. Any other thoughts, comments, or suggestions out there?
        Originally posted by Carfire View Post
        Well, 3M Performance Finish is nice, I used it on my mom and dad's 2000 white Odyssey with no complaints. Goes on easy, comes off easy, and leaves a nice shine. I just think that Meguiar's could take that and fine tune it and make it even better. Like a wipe-on, wipe-off NXT 2.0! Now that would be cool.
        Well, in keeping in line with the Meguiars naming standard for consumer products, they can't use the name "RainX", and WindX (for windshield) would also present problems since the name is too close to Windex. GlassX?

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
          Well, in keeping in line with the Meguiars naming standard for consumer products, they can't use the name "RainX", and WindX (for windshield) would also present problems since the name is too close to Windex. GlassX?
          Well, how about RainAway, or Rain Be Gone, or Ultimate Quik Rain Repellant?
          Shane

Comment

Or maybe then will finally announce a gallon version of UQW?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
            Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
              Or maybe then will finally announce a gallon version of UQW?
              2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
              2005 Honda CRF250R
              2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I like the name Ultimate Quik Rain Repellent, or maybe get rid of the Quik and Just have URR
                Joel
                Firefighter/EMT-B
                Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                '99 F-150

Comment

Yes
                  Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Great ideas mentioned already. How about if Meguiar's could come up with something equivalent to Optimum No Rinse for the North American market?

I know they have it for Australia, but you can't get it here.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                      Great ideas mentioned already. How about if Meguiar's could come up with something equivalent to Optimum No Rinse for the North American market?

I know they have it for Australia, but you can't get it here.
                      Meguiar's already has a type of waterless wash, but it's more like a spray detailer type compared to Optimum No Rinse. I haven't seen their waterless system anywhere. I haven't used ONR, but I'd personally like a waterless system for the winter months.

Ignition DVD takes a look at Meguiars waterless car wash.
                      Shane

Comment

I like the gallon of uqw, the equivalent of a onr product. That would be great.
                        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Meguiar's already has a type of waterless wash, but it's more like a spray detailer type compared to Optimum No Rinse. I haven't seen their waterless system anywhere. I haven't used ONR, but I'd personally like a waterless system for the winter months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKdYcqgFwIk
                          Right Ciera, that's the system I was referring to initially, but you can't get it here in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
                            Right Ciera, that's the system I was referring to initially, but you can't get it here in the US.
                            Oh, OK. That's what I thought you were referring to. My car sits outside all the time, so I'd like something that you could use when it's 35 - 45 degrees outside and it's too cold to pull out the hose. I hate dealing with water in the winter, because your hands turn blue and it takes forever for stuff to dry. At one point last winter, I washed my car and the locks froze. I had to unthaw them with a heater before I could go anywhere. That's why the option of a waterless wash for the winter is so appealing to me, and probably would be for people in the far North and the New England states and people who get cold winters. Even for people in places like Texas and Arizona, where they have water restrictions and such. Another thing that would be nice is a glass cleaner that could be used in direct sun or in the cold. When the glass is hot, ordinary glass cleaner dries almost as soon as you spray it on and then it streaks. When it's cold, it takes forever to dry and you almost have to go over it a second time with a dry paper towel or microfiber or whatever. So, in essence, a more versatile glass cleaner, not one that has to be used in 55 - 80 degree weather in the shade, or whatever the prime conditions for glass cleaner are. Both of those type of products would be great to have. I'd buy 'em, and I know there are other car crazy people who would, too.
                            Shane

Comment

I'd like to see the color-x 2.0 (or regular red bottle cleaner wax 2.0) that utilizes the new super micro abrasive technology

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');