• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Water Tank/Pump Set-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Water Tank/Pump Set-Up

I did a little research and I think I got the combo down right. However, before spending money on it I wanted to double check that it would work.

Water Tank: - Plastic-Mart -

Pump: SHURflo On-Demand Diaphragm Pump — 3 GPM, 12 Volt, 1/2in., Model# 2088-343-135 | 12 Volt Pumps | Northern Tool + Equipment
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Re: Mobile Water Tank/Pump Set-Up

That looks fine

Comment

My first impression was at 68 gallons, the tank seems a little on the small side. Most mobile setups I've seen have 90-120 gallon tanks, but then again maybe you have a smaller vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
        My first impression was at 68 gallons, the tank seems a little on the small side. Most mobile setups I've seen have 90-120 gallon tanks, but then again maybe you have a smaller vehicle?
        I have an 8 ft trailer... should I get a 90 gal?
        AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Comment

If you have the room I would get the larger unit. Otherwise it looks great.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by AjNavo61490 View Post
            I have an 8 ft trailer... should I get a 90 gal?
            Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
            If you have the room I would get the larger unit. Otherwise it looks great.
            Definitely. Never hurts to have more capacity. The less you have to fill your tank means less work for you, and the ability to do more jobs in one run.

Comment

Just saw this thread and while it may be too little too late, I tried a 2.9gpm FloJet 12v RV pump and it would not supply enough for my Karcher electric pressure washer for more than a few seconds without stopping for a few seconds to let the pressure build up again. I ended up using two pumps to get ~6gpm and it seems to work fine now. Two pumps were less expensive than one high flow high pressure unit. Plumbed them in parallel from the tank to one main output line using garden Y fittings.

Comment

I would get at least a 90-125 gallon tank,I started with a 60 gallon and ran out of water several times. my experience with a external pump was it always got hot on me,went thru 2 in a three month period.get a sub-pump it will last alot longer,I've had mine for 4 years with no problems.
                barry

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');