• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Correct Pads for G110 and M105/205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct Pads for G110 and M105/205

What are the correct pads that I am suppose to use with my G110 if I am going to be using the DA approved with M105/205? I remember reading you couldnt use a cutting pad or something? I recenetly purchased the maroon cutting pads, yellow polishing, and black finishing 2.0 soft buffs. I tried some M80 on the finish of my Escape and it didnt even do anything. I was using the polishing pad. Did I need to use the cutting pad? Can someone clarify everything for me!!

thank you!
    "Forza Kimi"

Re: Correct Pads for G110 and M105/205

Cutting pads are the least used of the Meguiars pads, by Meguiars recommendations. But it is a sweeping statement designed to encompass beginners through seasoned detailing veterans. If you know what you're doing and have more than just a few hours behind a DA or rotary polisher, then cutting pads are less of a challenge.

That said, you're combo sounds good for paint that was in good condition before you started. M80 is a light cleaner/polisher with a cut of 4 that's very effective for removing very light swirling and scratches. But if you continue to see defects you need to up your game to something with more "bite". Try M83 or M105 with a polishing pad. Both are cleaner/compounds (not polish) designed to take out heavier scratches and other paint defects. M105 has more cut than M83, so if you feel that you're close to getting the job done, you might want to try M83 first before resorting to 105. Follow it up with M80 using a separate polishing pad to add polish and oils back into the paint. Follow that up with a sealant (NXT 2.0) and use a finishing pad to apply that.

Comment

Also, what was your speed setting? Between 4-5?
      Last edited by ClearlyCoated; May 17, 2009, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Yes it was on 5, I will try to take some pics of the area for you guys
        "Forza Kimi"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');