• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big Wax Contest on May 30th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Wax Contest on May 30th

Hello Community,
    I would like to inform u about a big Wax Test in Poland.
    Have a look for yourself:
    cwwc2009.com/index.html
    It is supported by my "home forum" in germany...
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; May 18, 2009, 12:47 AM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts
    Proud owner of:
    Quik Clay Detailing System, Scratch X, NXT Tech Wax 1.0 (liquid and paste), High Endurance, Natural Shine, #80, #82, #83, #84, APC, Last Touch, #34, #16, Megs Glass Cleaner Concentrate, Megs Soft Wash Gel, Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer

Re: Big Wax Contest on May 30th

Interesting indeed.
    Learning new things everyday

Comment

Thanks for the post. This will be fun to follow.

Mike
      Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sandman View Post

It is supported by my "home forum" in germany...
        Is this the forum you're talking about where you're reading all the bad information on how to bake NXT onto the car in the sun?

From this thread

Where you posted this,

Back here in good ole germany rumors spread that u could boost the appearance of NXT by "baking" the car during curing in full sunlight...

e.g.: You apply the first coat of NXT, wipe it of after 20 min.

Roll your car in broad daylight and let the sun bake your NXT coat to special endurance...

Is this a false information? Is it contra productive to "bake" your NXT coat during curing time?

I posted the answers to your questions in the above linked thread.

We'll check out your "home forum".

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Unfortunately I don't understand anything that isn't English.

What is this contest about? How are they rating the waxes, like what's the criteria?

Comment

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
            Unfortunately I don't understand anything that isn't English.

What is this contest about? How are they rating the waxes, like what's the criteria?

As a veteran of a few online wax wars, (back before forum software was invented), while these kinds of tests can be fun to do and fun to read about, there are so many variables when it comes to choosing the wax that's best for you and your car that the only real way to figure out which wax is best is to test out the products you're most interested in and be your own judge.

Also, most threads on any forum that have to do with which wax is best almost always turn into a wax war as people tend to get emotional about the subject and sooner or later the thread is closed and sometimes people are banned over their actions. That's just how they end up...

The fastest way to get into a flame war on a discussion forum is to bring up,
            • Politics
            • Religion
            • Car Wax

Silly as it seems it's also reality.

I'll be interested to read their results but at the end of the day, I'll stick to my signature line. It's been working since the day I added it to my profile and if history is any indicator of the future it's going to keep working for a long time to come...

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Hi Mike,
              no bad feelings pls...
              I came to this forum to contribute not to stir any bad things up...
              No, my home forum did not post the false information about baking NXT wax during curing time... In fact, this information I found on the German Meg forum (http://www.meguiars-deutschland.de/forum/)...
              You are right: this wax test is sure no reference...
              It is just a kind of contest. They want test more waxes in parallel then any other did before (high score to this date is 27 waxes tested in UK)
              It is also a charity thing. In our home forum, people where offered to "buy" samples of all the tested waxes. Instead of paying the test team for the waxes people have to contribute a special sum (25-30 Euros) to a charity organization which helps kids in poland and germany...
              So, I really didn't want to offend anybody...
              If this post isn't proper in any way, pls feel free to delete or close it...

@xantonin
              The web site should be translated in polish, german, english, etc... just see the navigator bar on the left...
              Proud owner of:
              Quik Clay Detailing System, Scratch X, NXT Tech Wax 1.0 (liquid and paste), High Endurance, Natural Shine, #80, #82, #83, #84, APC, Last Touch, #34, #16, Megs Glass Cleaner Concentrate, Megs Soft Wash Gel, Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit, Megs Ultimate Quik Detailer

Comment

It is also a charity thing. In our home forum, people where offered to "buy" samples of all the tested waxes. Instead of paying the test team for the waxes people have to contribute a special sum (25-30 Euros) to a charity organization which helps kids in poland and germany...

Just out of curiosity what kind of charity organizations for kids is this for, if I might ask?
                Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Hi Mike,
                  no bad feelings pls...
                  I came to this forum to contribute not to stir any bad things up...
                  No bad feelings on our part at all, I'm just pointing out historically what happens. Anyone that's been a member of the detailing forum world for at least 4-5 years knows that "Threads" on discussion forums about which wax is the best almost always get closed because usually because people get too emotional over the topic.

Just have your Moderators keep an eye on any threads like this and you'll be okay.

No, my home forum did not post the false information about baking NXT wax during curing time... In fact, this information I found on the German Meg forum

(http://www.meguiars-deutschland.de/forum/)...
                  Thank you for the link and as I posted to the first time you shared this that we will look into this because that information is wrong.

Thanks...

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I foresee some confusion in the detailing world.....

....a Polish Wax Test

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie6250 View Post
                      I foresee some confusion in the detailing world...
                      ...a Polish Wax Test
                      Rofl...good one !
                      A wax test would indeed be fun, but I can't imagine how it would be judged due to the many variables involved, plus when it comes to looks, things are subjective...and then there's the whole issue of testing durability etc, which can't exactly be tested in a contest =/.

It would be pretty cool though, to see the variety of brands, vendors, methods of application, branding, pricing and all those fun things that affect consumer appeal. Some good information could be drawn from such an event!

Comment

Dave KG did a most-interesting wax comparison last year in DW. He polished several identical cars (brand new Opel/Vauxhall Corsas) using the same tools and technique, and then different waxes were applied.

His main conclusion was that he could not perceive any difference between the most expensive waxes in the market and some more economical ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodie6250 View Post
                          I foresee some confusion in the detailing world.....

....a Polish Wax Test
                          LOL!

@sleepy
                          Examples:
                          www kinderherzen-heilen.de
                          www nepalhilfe-im-kleinen-rahmen.de
                          But the donator could choose a organization of its own.
                          Last edited by Markus Kleis; May 20, 2009, 01:28 AM. Reason: No clickable links before 30 posts
                          Proud owner of:

Comment

Mr Sandman,

Just a reminder, we have a universal forum rule that dissallows new members with fewer than 30 substantial posts to post click-able links. I have edited, and noted this several times within your 8 posts.

Please take a look at the site rules for future posts.

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');