• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fireman's Nozzle / Hose - Incredible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireman's Nozzle / Hose - Incredible!

So I'll be the first to admit I'm not always on the cutting edge of new things to try in the detailing world, but after reading some MOL members using a version of the Firemen's Nozzle, I decided to give it a shot.

My local Harbor Freight has a version of this nozzle for $7-$8. I figured it would be good since A) I needed a new sprayer and 2) the 'cheap' ones at Lowe's were at least $5. So I picked up the Harbor Freight version. First impressions, this thing is HEAVY. Made out of thick rubber on the outside and solid brass on the inside, looks like more expensive brands and I'm pretty sure they all use a very similar design.

Once I started using it, I realized what all the fuss was about. This thing is INCERDIBLE. I don't think it's the same as the Bon Aire version ($25) but I am very happy with it. Also, it takes some decent water pressure to work well, but I did notice a much better spray with this hose than my previous one.

If anyone is interested, I'll try to post the Item # for Harbor Freight. Well worth the money in my book. Just wanted to throw this out there since Summer washing season is quickly approaching.
    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Re: Fireman's Nozzle / Hose - Incredible!

I've got a skinny one that works decently but I'm interested in this.

Comment

I purchased a generic thick, rubberized fireman's nozzle from WallyWorld for about $5 and am very unhappy with it, so the Bonaire is probably next in line for me. I'd go for the Harbor Freight version, except their stores aren't in my area .
      Last edited by cardriver; May 19, 2009, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Get the Goodyear firehose nozzle at Home Depot.

The best I have used. I bought a 25 dollar one, and it broke. but the Goodyear one is great quality.
        Matt

Comment

What about quick connects for the hose?

I want to get some but I'm worried about it affecting the flow of water when you want to do a final rinse and try to sheet off the water.,,

Comment

Is this the one? It's made of aluminum, not brass, but it's the only fireman's hose nozzle listed on HF's website.

ITEM 97158-0VGA

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
              Is this the one? It's made of aluminum, not brass, but it's the only fireman's hose nozzle listed on HF's website.

ITEM 97158-0VGA
              Not it, I saw that one online as well. It looks exactly like the Bon Aire, the package has the Harbor Freight part number on it....I'll post it when I get home from work. Might even add a photo if I get a minute.

Comment

I received a fireman's nozzle for a birthday gift this month. My daughter bought it at Sam's Club. Used it last week for the first time. It was by far the best nozzle I have used. She said it was around $10.00.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting this bad boy

Nothing says power like a bale style handle!

Comment

What sets these apart from other types of nozzles?

Comment

That bail style handle looks pretty B.A., but the reason I get a good 'ol thick rubber-coated heavy basic shape twist nozzle is because it lacks the protruding handles and levers that have plagued all my previous nozzles. The handles always break and bend off with time. And I have a tendency to drop my hose nozzles on the ground, especially when running to turn the water on/off etc...

Such breakage doesn't happen so often w/ the fireman's nozzle--A major benefit over conventional gun-grip-style hose nozzles. Hope that answers your question! Durability.

Comment

My water pressure is so low, a firemans nozzle won't work.....

I got the good ol' twist brass nozzle, if only it were made of solid brass like the old days! It's aluminum or something.....
                        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
                          I wouldn't mind getting this bad boy

Nothing says power like a bale style handle!

I have that one, actually. Not impressed with the flow, plus it's cumbersome to use. I like my Gilmour nozzles.
                          -Will-

CDO ATW

Comment

I have one similar to the pictures above, and I love mine!

Comment

Hey everyone, this is the nozzle I was talking about.
                              Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

Listed at $9.99, but my store had it for around $7 or $8. Still a great deal for $10, I have been very happy with mine. Solid brass inside, better than the typical alumimium we see on most hoses these days.

Also, I looked at the ones with the big handle and couldn't see the benefit, you still have to control the spray with your free hand by twisting the front to change the waterr patterns. I try to keep my brain from having to work too much when washing my car.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');