• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M09 turned to water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M09 turned to water

First off, yes, I know this is not the Customer Care forum. As I can just go down the street and get some more for $12 I am not real concerned with a replacement.

Anyway, here's my story and I'm sticking to it!

A couple days ago I went to use some #9 that I keep in a Detailer line HDPE bottle. The bottle is sealed, kept in a dark place (inside my Meg's duffle bag ), and has not been frozen. When I went to pour some out it had the look and consistency of milk. I shook it up and all it did was get frothy. I immediately went to my 16oz original bottle that this came from. It was normal, like lotion. I then smelled the product in the Detailer line bottle. It was pretty skanky smelling and not how #9 usually smells at all.

As my brain started turning I figured it must be the bottle as the original bottles are not HDPE. So I went back out and checked the rest of my polishes that I keep in similar HDPE clear bottles in the same bag. Everything from M105 to good ole' #7. All where fine. Some are in Detailer line bottles some are in US Plastics HDPE clear bottles. Now I'm stumped.

Any ideas? I have read a couple threads about polishes turning to water consistency and even some talking about HDPE bottles. It clearly is not just the polish going bad as the bottle I took it from is fine. I don't *think* it's the containers I keep it in as none of my other products have done this.

Has anyone ever heard/read an answer as to why this happens?

Thanks for reading my short story!
    Jason

M09 turned to water

Here is a thread I posted in the Professional Products forum. Just thought I would paste it here as well to see if there is a customer care answer to this.

First off, yes, I know this is not the Customer Care forum. As I can just go down the street and get some more for $12 I am not real concerned with a replacement.

Anyway, here's my story and I'm sticking to it!

A couple days ago I went to use some #9 that I keep in a Detailer line HDPE bottle. The bottle is sealed, kept in a dark place (inside my Meg's duffle bag ), and has not been frozen. When I went to pour some out it had the look and consistency of milk. I shook it up and all it did was get frothy. I immediately went to my 16oz original bottle that this came from. It was normal, like lotion. I then smelled the product in the Detailer line bottle. It was pretty skanky smelling and not how #9 usually smells at all.

As my brain started turning I figured it must be the bottle as the original bottles are not HDPE. So I went back out and checked the rest of my polishes that I keep in similar HDPE clear bottles in the same bag. Everything from M105 to good ole' #7. All where fine. Some are in Detailer line bottles some are in US Plastics HDPE clear bottles. Now I'm stumped.

Any ideas? I have read a couple threads about polishes turning to water consistency and even some talking about HDPE bottles. It clearly is not just the polish going bad as the bottle I took it from is fine. I don't *think* it's the containers I keep it in as none of my other products have done this.

Has anyone ever heard/read an answer as to why this happens?

Thanks for reading my short story!
    Jason

Comment

Re: M09 turned to water

Your jealous neighbor took your bottle and replaced it with a bottle full of water?

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

btw there is no need to post a thread twice, just stick to one section of the forum

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

As Andrew pointed out, please refrain from posting the same thing in multiple sections. It just makes it harder for people to help you.

Thanks!

Comment

Actually, the only reason I posted it twice was due to something I read from Mike Phillips in some older posts about this same problem. He specifically stated:

"it should also be posted in the customer care forum as management does not search through the other forums."

Believe me, I am just as against double posting as anyone else. It's in two places for a reason. But thanks for the double post reminders....both of them....

So does anybody have any real ideas?
            Jason

Comment

Oh, and since the Customer Care area is listed as "Your direct connection to Meguiar's Customer Service Center. Post any product problems or issues you have here..."

Would you mind moving one of my posts back to the Professional Products forum which is really where discussion should occur? To me this area of the forum is not really a place for discussion but more of a place for people to have contact with customer care. Hence the name.
              Jason

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');