• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT and fillers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT and fillers

How many car washes does it take to remove the fillers in NXT?

Here we go again.

First it was "how many licks to the bubble gum center of a blow pop" now this!
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
      Here we go again.

First it was "how many licks to the bubble gum center of a blow pop" now this!
      Not to stray too far off topic but I thought it was a Tootsie Roll Pop!

I wash my car weekly as do most on this forum and I wax about monthly. By then I see a need to go ahead and wax. My cars aren't garaged kept so this helps wear off the wax quicker. My guess is you'll just have to evaluate the surface or try the towel squeak test.

Comment

Hard to answer that question.

How much exposure to the elements does your vehicle see?
        What climate is you car living in?
        Do you get a lot of acid rain?
        How many pollutants have stuck to the finish.
        Where do you drive your vehicle?
        What car wash solution do you use?
        What dilution of that detergent do you use?
        What kind of mitt do you use?
        How do you dry your vehicle?

For my conditions, I get 4-6 months out of NXT.
        I live in Wisconsin in the summer and Florida in the winter.
        My vehicles are garaged about 10-15 hours daily.
        I use NXT Tech Wash at the recommended dilution.
        I use a sheepskin wash mitt.
        I use softened water for washing my vehicles.
        I dry with a low pressure hose to run the water off and lightly dry with MF drying towels.
        I also use the NXT booster after every other wash.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

The question was " how many washes it takes to remove NXT fillers "not how long it takes to remove the fillers. I mean is it 2,3,5,9 washes . Using NXT booster is cheating because it puts back the fillers.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry A
            The question was " how many washes it takes to remove NXT fillers "not how long it takes to remove the fillers. I mean is it 2,3,5,9 washes . Using NXT booster is cheating because it puts back the fillers.
            The answer is there isn't a specific number of wash this product is rated for, as far as I know. All we can do is speculate and tell you about our experiences with thie product. You will have to test the surface to determine if the wax is still providing a protective barrier.

What more can be said??

One thing to help prevent the wax fillers from wearing off is to use a high quality car wash shampoo like NXT Car Wash and good wash techniques to prevent further damage.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');