• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of wash mit/sponge do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of wash mit/sponge do you use?

What type of wash mit/sponge do you use?

Why do you prefer one over the other?
    Lambs Wool Wash Pad/Mitt
    45.90%
    Chenille Wash Pad/Mitt
    29.51%
    An Ordinary Sponge
    7.26%
    Towel/Rag
    1.64%
    Other
    15.69%
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I voted lambs wool. I didn't care for the shedding of chenille. I do use a chenille with a reach stick for trucks and SUVs. Shedding was gone after several uses.

Comment

Hey,

I too use a lambs wool mitt. I will get probably 20 washes out of each one and then I replace it (the fur is usually coming out by that point).

Cheers!
      Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

David B from Autopia states the lambs wool mitt he uses lasted 21 months. He uses the mitt once a week.

Comment

I use a water sprite that has served its usefull life for drying cars. It holds a lot of soap, is very slippery and of all the other things I have tried for washing produces the least amount of washing marks.

I can say they take a little getting used to but do the job well and for the most part they are free, if not fo using them for washing I would be throwing them away.
          If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

I use a microfiber sponge. Easy to use and clean.
            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

As of late I've been using a buff n shine cuffless wash mitt... well sorta, it's not really a mit, just a 9" X 9" square with wash mit type material on it, but you can't put your hand inside. It's got a really nice and deep nap on it and so far has been doing quite well in reguards to not leaving swirls. I like it because I never put my hand inside the mit, I always just grabbed it so this makes more sense for me.
              Later,
              Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
              Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

Like David, I've managed to get an extended life out of my lamb's wool mitt. I think I'm working on month 14 now and it's just about as good as new. Mine is used, at least, once per week.

RP
                -The Final Detail-
                Lagrange, Kentucky
                thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Wow! You guys are getting a lot longer life-span out of your mitts. Maybe I am throwing them out too soon. I am going to have to look at that a little more closely.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Rockpick
                    Like David, I've managed to get an extended life out of my lamb's wool mitt. I think I'm working on month 14 now and it's just about as good as new. Mine is used, at least, once per week.

RP
                    David B also went on to say he wash and drys the mitt after use. This helps the fibers stay attached to the backing. This option rather than letting the mitts air dry. The mitts stay damp for a while and the fibers start to peel away when they air dry.

I'll try to find that post.

Comment

Originally posted by DETLMAN
                      I use a water sprite that has served its usefull life for drying cars. It holds a lot of soap, is very slippery and of all the other things I have tried for washing produces the least amount of washing marks.

I can say they take a little getting used to but do the job well and for the most part they are free, if not fo using them for washing I would be throwing them away.
                      I am not familiar with those. Could you explain what they are?

Comment

Like the rest of my stuff my mitt is of course microfiber.
                        2004 Flame Red SRT-4

Comment

its a synthetic chamois made by sm arnold. You can buy them online at most detail supliers. I have been using them for a few years and they are the best I have found. I have tried many different microfibers for drying, mits for washing and I have had the best and most consistant results with these.
                          If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

I prefer genuine wool wash mitts, because they are easier to find than 100% cotton shenille mitts. Also, wool holds more wash solution and leave little to no wash marks. Not all wool mitts are created equal, as I have same which are nearing 2 years old which are near new after many washes and some which are few months old which are ready for the garbage.

DETLMAN,
                            Is the watersprite the same as the Absorber?
                            This think outside the box.

RP,
                            Whre do you purchase your mitts?

Eric
                            Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Hope nobody bashes me, but i have been using turtle wax wool wash mitt for a while. they are cheap and seem to work well, and last awhile. The 2 bucket method always helps no matter what mitt you are using.

After I am done washing, I hold the mitt to the side of the bucket, and use the jet on the hose to knock loose particles out. i do this a few times flipping the mitt over each time, till all the soap and dirt is out, then i give it a little squeeze(not wringing or twisting) then i let it air dry, if it's sunny i may leave it out in the sun to speed up the process.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');