• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of wash mit/sponge do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far I have had great luck using Meguiar's Versa-Angle Body Brush. I used it with the two bucket system. I hang a paint roller grate on the rinse bucket and while I'm rinsing the brush I run the brush over the grate and it knocks off any stubborn grit that might be clinging to the brush, but as I have said, no problemas so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MTBPATH
      I don't think I've ever tried using a 'Lambs Wool Wash Pad/Mitt'.
      but so I know, who makes an affortable one or one with great results?...
      I got a really nice Sonus sheepskin mitt from Lynn at BetterCarCare.com for a very reasonable price.

PC.

Comment

im a sponge guy!
        never scratches and there cheaper than dirt. i used to use wash mits and i find if you wash and bolw dry your mits they last a little longer
        Patrick Yu
        2003 Honda Accord
        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by teterd
          So far I have had great luck using Meguiar's Versa-Angle Body Brush. I used it with the two bucket system. I hang a paint roller grate on the rinse bucket and while I'm rinsing the brush I run the brush over the grate and it knocks off any stubborn grit that might be clinging to the brush, but as I have said, no problemas so far.
          x2. I love both my wide faced brush and my versa angle. They both hold a great deal of soap and water, and are extremly easy to clean. Plus, Since they are white, you know when its time for a deep cleaning.
          Last edited by SiriusRIMZ; Dec 22, 2005, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiriusRIMZ
            x2. I love both my wide faced brush and my versa angle. They both hold a great deal of soap and water, and are extremly easy to clean. Plus, Since they are white, you know when its time for a deep cleaning.
            I agree. Had to buy several as my wife kept taking mine. She says she loves how soft they are. She likes the fact that she can remove the handles. She likes to use them without the handles when washing the sides and lower portion of her truck and with handles for top and hood (bonnet).

Comment

Lambskin is the best I have ever used. I love it!!

Comment

I use at the moment the Ultra Plush Wash Mitt.

And the Ultimate Wash Mitt, which is not available
                in the U.S. yet (i think)

And i ordered from ADS this week the following wash mitts and pad ( among other things ):

* X-3000
                * X-3012 ( new )
                * X-3020 ( new )
                * X-3050 ( wash pad )

So i can't wait for the package to arrive, so i can play with these
                new toys and hope that the 2 new ones are available soon so
                Rick can ship them out to the Netherlands.
                I just love detailing

Comment

I use the Chenille mitt which I was able to get as a 3 pack some time ago at BJ's for $5 on clearance (I should have bought more).
                  2000 Nissan Maxima
                  2005 Nissan Xterra

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills Hope nobody bashes me, but i have been using turtle wax wool wash mitt for a while. they are cheap and seem to work well, and last awhile. The 2 bucket method always helps no matter what mitt you are using.
                    They're be bashing me also. I use the TW chenille mitt and a Meg's Ultra Plush Mop. The Mop is used on the big panels, and the mitt around the door handles, mirrors, and other small areas. The TW mitt is really very durable. After each use, I machine wash the mitt and mop head, then air dry.

Comment

I use a California MicroMitt.
                      2012 KIA PICANTO
                      Galaxy Black with Black Interior | 15" Kia Rims with Hankook Tires | DVD/GPS System with Back-Up Camera
                      Meguiar's Ultimate Waxed. Quik Detailed on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
                        Hey,

I too use a lambs wool mitt. I will get probably 20 washes out of each one and then I replace it (the fur is usually coming out by that point).

Cheers!
                        Tim
                        I do the same, I really like using new mits too, you can tell the difference on how worn the other one was so I just buy them in 3 packs from ADS and always have like....3-5 handy.

Comment

I gave up on mitts a long time ago. In my view, they're a real pain to use for a whole bunch of reasons, the most annoying being that you're hands get wet and soapy while you're washing. Lemme tell ya, this is an issue in cold weather!

Instead, I've gotten much better results using a dip brush with a long handle I got at Walmart for $5. This is its third season of use! I like the brush because:

(a) the long handle makes reaching the roof and lower side panels very easy.

(b) the bristles are frayed and are very soft, especially when wet. Not one scratch from this brush!

(c) my hands are kept clean and dry while I wash.

(d) the brush is cheaper and lasts longer than any mitt.

(e) the brush does not deposit animal oils on the finish like some lambswool mitts.

(f) the long soft bristles clean into nooks, crannies, body seams, etc., much better than any mitt.

Comment

another vote for mf mitt.
                            found em at the local kragen, they were cheap.

and now i can't find em...
                            Dave
                            Constantly In Pursuit

Comment

I really want to try Meguiars Ultra Plush Chenille Wash Mitt. Hopefully soon...

Comment

I use a lambs wool mit and make sure to rinse it out well after every wash. I hang it on a hook which is located right over the spot where I keep my wash bucket so that it can dry out.
                                I also use the meguiars wide body brush which makes washing the roof of my Yukon much easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');