• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove egg residue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove egg residue?

Kids egged my black 02 VW Beetle. I cannot wash it off. There is a rough, dull smudge. Is there a product a senior citizen can use to remove this?

Re: How do I remove egg residue?

I would look into claying, how long ago did they egg it?
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Comment

Probably going to need to clay, and then use a paint cleaner like SwirlX.

Claying is easy, and then you will just want to work in the SwirlX with a bit of passion.

And then do a little praying that the damage isnt permanent.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Usually when an egg is thrown against paint the impact of the hard shell against the paint chips the paint and leaves chip imprints behind. Looks like of like this,

The above is very hard to fix and make look good because you have to only put touch-up paint into the actual chipped spots.

If when you look at the paint where the egg hit and you only see a surface stain or discoloration then you can probably remove it by rubbing the area with a paint cleaner or compound like either our ScratchX 2.0 or Ultimate Compound.

Most auto parts stores will carry these products and be sure to pick up some extra foam applicator pads to apply the ScratchX 2.0 or Ultimate Compound, and to also apply some car wax when you're finished removing the stain.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's pictures and links so you can see what they look like,

G10307 ScratchX 2.0

G17216 Ultimate Compound

You want to use something soft like these to apply products to clear coat paints.

X3070 Soft Foam Applicator Pad
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');