• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC with carpet cleaner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC with carpet cleaner?

I have a Hoover F5914-900 steam vac and I was wondering if I could use APC with it rather than the name brand carpet cleaner they want you to buy. Assuming I can, how would I dilute it for use with it? Thanks!

Re: APC with carpet cleaner?

Originally posted by deathspared View Post
    I have a Hoover F5914-900 steam vac and I was wondering if I could use APC with it rather than the name brand carpet cleaner they want you to buy. Assuming I can, how would I dilute it for use with it? Thanks!
    If you're going to use one of Meguiar's all purpose cleaners I'd go with the APC+ (All Purpose Cleaner Plus). It foams up a lot less and was designed for use in carpet extractors in addition to its regular capabilities.

Comment

Yeah, APC+ is meant for in extractor kind of products.

In theory, it would be 10:1 for mild cleaning, up to 4:1 for heavy.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Back side of the spray bottle reads:

Heavy Duty 4:1
        Medium Duty 10:1
        General Cleaning (cold water extractors) 20:1
        General Cleaning (hot water extractors) 50:1

I have only used it in spray bottles but hope that helps.
        Dilution Chart

Comment

side note to all that was recommended, I would not run the apc through the cleaner, I would only use water in the cleaner for a rinsing of the carpet fibers, because if using the apc in the cleaner, when you are extracting the fibers and laying down the detergent, detergent is left on the fibers and could possibly start the attraction of dirt quicker in your carpets. Hopefully that made sense for ya.
          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');