• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PlastX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PlastX

Hi folks,I love this stuff.It's so versatile.I even clean up peoples scratched watch face covers(plastc of course) and have saved them a good deal of money for a replacement.

Anyway,about cars! My headlights were polished lightly with this stuff and they look fantastic.the only trouble is you see the light dirt on the inside.Any tips on that problem?

Re: PlastX

Take 'em off and clean the inside?
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
      Yep!,sound strange?.Not really.My buggy is 15 years old.The instrument cover was quite badly scuffed.The problem is that most cars8if not all) have a little push button for resetting the counter or other purpose on more modern cars.The problem is they ain't sealed.This is not a problem with a new car,but on anything old,you'll find they are just as dirty inside as they are outside.When i cleaned mine,the cloth came black with dirt.

I'm sure there'll be others out there that have found the same!

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
        sorry ciera,i got your message confused with another about plastic cleaning.

Okay,we're talking Headlights!

The problem is i think they are glued.they are actually very good build quality by Denji. it's not that big a deal though. Maybe they can be opened,i'm not sure?

Cheers!

Comment

Well, this really depends on how bad it bothers you and if you really see it as a necessity but it can be done. However, it is a process that can be pretty scary haha, what you would want to do is place your headlight in the oven and basically bake it for a few min. until the glue around the headlight is soft and you can pull it apart, after cleaned you would bake the glue soft again and then keep the pieces together until cooled and hard.

Like I said, I would only do that if it really bugged you but it can be done, I did it with a friend to clear his headlights. Just scary if you mess up

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
            Well, this really depends on how bad it bothers you and if you really see it as a necessity but it can be done. However, it is a process that can be pretty scary haha, what you would want to do is place your headlight in the oven and basically bake it for a few min. until the glue around the headlight is soft and you can pull it apart, after cleaned you would bake the glue soft again and then keep the pieces together until cooled and hard.

Like I said, I would only do that if it really bugged you but it can be done, I did it with a friend to clear his headlights. Just scary if you mess up
            That is very interesting,John. you would have to be very carefull,so i can see where you're coming from.It's not that bad at the moment.you have to stand in front to see them.But,thanks for the advice.If it ever gets bad,i will bear that in mind.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');