• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Substitutes for M205?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substitutes for M205?

Are there any substitutes for M205? I was thinking of asking for this kit for my birthday and a 32 oz. bottle of M105, but I wondered if there was anything that could replace M205, like maybe M03? I know that's probably a dumb question, but I just thought I'd ask. The O'Reilly Auto Parts store near me has M03 and some other Mirror Glaze products. Or am I just better off to go ahead and order the M205? How does the M105/M205 combo differ from M80/M83? Just wondering...

Also, when ADS runs sales, how long do they usually last? Like if there's a product on sale now, would it still be on sale in July?
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Re: Substitutes for M205?

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
    Are there any substitutes for M205? I was thinking of asking for this kit for my birthday and a 32 oz. bottle of M105, but I wondered if there was anything that could replace M205, like maybe M03? I know that's probably a dumb question, but I just thought I'd ask. The O'Reilly Auto Parts store near me has M03 and some other Mirror Glaze products. Or am I just better off to go ahead and order the M205? How does the M105/M205 combo differ from M80/M83? Just wondering...

Also, when ADS runs sales, how long do they usually last? Like if there's a product on sale now, would it still be on sale in July?
    # 3 is a Great Product and has been around a long time and works well on single stage finishes.

Comment

There really isn't a substitute for M205. The non-diminishing abrasives and finish are what differentiate it from the others.

In terms of aggressiveness, M205 is equal to M80 (on the chart). But, M205 will finish out finer.

The M105 / M205 combo is the best combo available for the DA in defect removal and finish. The M83 / M80 is still very good, but M83 does not remove as many defects as M105.

M03 is a finishing glaze with no cut (even though the bottle ranks it a one on the scale). It's just a little something extra that adds some pop and gloss. But, you are not going to be able to remove defects with it.
      Chris
      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

#205 and SwirlX would be similar, and also close to #80.

#105 would be close to Ultimate Compound.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');