• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come to Italy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Come to Italy!

Actually I miss Italy so MUCH I would leave today. I am sorry but Friday was CRAZY at work and didn't get to call Rick. I promise I will on Monday and post Monday evening. I will ask him about the G220 and the shipping. Enjoy the weekend. Here is the link to the Aspen pictures.....http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/pho...y.php/cat/1124 - Ciao
    RG Curtis
    U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Hi RG,Really fantastic job you did on that chrome fender! I couldn't believe the before and after! That pic will be enjoyed by soo many people on this forum. Really nice car and it's been looked after well! Even the vinyl top is in great nick. Really nice bfore and after shots all round. Good job on your other vehicles too

eddie.

A quik browse an' off to bed,ciao.

Comment

Eddie, thanks. Oh, do you ever sleep???? Its like 4a.m. there right now....lol. Thanks for the props.
        RG Curtis
        U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Ciao RG,Ha-ha! Sleep....'what's that?' It's amazing when you start reading forums.Before you know it,it's early morning!

Although you said you would like to move back to Italy,would your family want to? For example,I meet a lot of different people here,who are from the states,britain.The retired couples seem to do okay,but families with teenagers etc.,stay for a couple of years,tops and then go away. I think your son would find a bit of a 'culture shock' here.He's been brought up in the states and is used to the way life is there.

As far as car culture goes,the roads here are very small,tight and narrow.Again,another problem for american imports.I wouldn't like to try going up any mountain roads here with '63 T-Bird!!! Autostrada's okay,superstrada's okay. Italian cities are a nightmare for parking,and i mean an absolute nightmare.

Ciao...Eddie.

Comment

Eddie, I know what you are talking about with the streets. When I lived there I had an SUV....oh the fun we had parking in Naples and when we traveled. As for my kids. They were there for three years and loved it. Both of them are teenagers and would love to go back. I think the whole family would move back anytime. My older son just wants to go on the Autostrada and Superstrada. My wife taught elementary school on the U.S. Military base. She loved it. Next year both my kids will be out of the house and I can retire from the Navy. I am not sure what we are going to do. We keep talking about coming back over and living in the North, she loved Vicenza and Venetzia area. She also loved Firenza area too.
            RG Curtis
            U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

ciao RG, seems like you all like italy.The roads here and some of the drivers drive me bonkers! You're right about florence or firenze,whatever,I've met loads of americans there.They're the most easy people to get on with,and australians.
              in my case,not so bad,i came over from the uk,so it's not a big distance to go back again.
              Anyway,i'm going to post a thread about cleaning up my stainless header,then i'll need to hit the books =

Ciao!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');