• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody clean the under carriage of the car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody clean the under carriage of the car?

not just wheel wells the whole deal like the driveshaft exhaust etc. I know there has to be a ton of road grime and caked on dirt under there

any one have some tips to clean under the car?

Re: Anybody clean the under carriage of the car?

I used to live in scotland.Terrible weather and plenty salt on the roads in the winter. After the winter was done,cars were put up and steam cleaned underneath.Takes all that horrible caked stuff away.

Comment

When I go to the coin-op, I spray all of my cars underside real good. Other than that...

Comment

I drive through puddles when it rains. Works for me.
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I use a lawn sprinkler attached to the garden hose and idle back and forth over it on the driveway, works pretty good

Comment

Yes!
            Back in the '70's (when I was a young lad) Shell Gas Stations had the "Shell Answer Man" I picked up one of his car care guides and it said "wash were you can't see because there's dirt and road grim under your car also"
            I never forgot that and started washing the undercarriage of my family's cars and have done so on my own all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Malo83 View Post
              I use a lawn sprinkler attached to the garden hose and idle back and forth over it on the driveway, works pretty good
              Ha! Excellent!

Comment

I see you are from Florida.Lucky you...! No Salt on the roads! Salt is the car killer! Eats everything,and i mean EVERYTHING!

So steam cleaning shouldn't be needed.It does a really good job though.I would try Malo83's method. I like that one! "Oh no, what will the neighbours think!"

I'm going to give that a go this weekend. Thanks Malo83!

Comment

ya no salt on the roads exactly but there is salt in the air comming from the ocean breezes

Comment

Originally posted by Malo83 View Post

I do the same thing buddy First, I take it a local touchless that has *very* powerful jets that spray the underbody. In fact, they're so strong that you can feel the vehicle move. I figure that this loosens all of the heavy stuff. Then, I take it home and throw the sprinkler underneath. I usually put the sprinkler in three different spots (front, middle, back) for about thirty minutes each. After using the sprinkler, I give it a thorough engine cleaning (which I only do once a year). Works slick as hell.
                    -Will-

CDO ATW

Comment

My cousins live near the coast,and it's more the bodywork that gets attacked by the sea air.I've seen plenty of bleached looking cars in this region(due to lack of attention),but you're a car guy and shouldn't have that specific problem.

Comment

Yep, I sit under mine and clean whatever I need to.
                        One of the cool things about driving a lifted Jeep!

Comment

There is a gentleman on the truck forum I'm on (ibtohq.com) that not only cleans, details, but also has repainted the undercarriage of his truck. Here are some pics...

The Vehicle: 2008 Super White Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD 4x4
                          Mods to Date: Basically...upgraded stereo, all weather floor mats, color keyed door handles, LED interior lighting, and HID's. The list keeps growning...
                          More to come...

Comment

Originally posted by KrytikalMedic View Post
                            There is a gentleman on the truck forum I'm on (ibtohq.com) that not only cleans, details, but also has repainted the undercarriage of his truck.
                            Ask him if he needs some more practice... I'll provide the practice 1975 Jimmy...

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here is some pic to see http://www.meguiars.com.my/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2196 took it from Meguiars Malaysia. Detailing did by fishbonezken one of our forumer here in MOL. He super degrease the under carriage. . caught in pic on action. . . hehehe.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');