• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you wash car's ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you wash car's ?

I was wondering how other people on here wash cars. Lately I've been doing cars that aren't washed but maybe a few times a year.

Heres my process:

1. Fill up my Mr Clean Autodry with a filter cartridge and Gold Class Car wash.
    2.. Soap the entire car up.
    3. Spray on my tire cleaner , scrub and rinse each tire and wheel.
    4. Rinse car off to get off the loose dirt and spray the dirtiest parts with jets of water..
    5. Resoap and use my spun gold mitt to wash the car. ( scrub any tar and bugs with my bug sponge and straight GC car wash soap and let it soak, it gets off 90 percent of all the tar and bugs)
    6. Rinse with normal water.
    7. Rinse with the filtered water and watch it dry nice and clean.

Oh, and the MR Clean autodry soap is a waste of time and money. It cleans mediocre, claims it doesn't strip wax... but seems to duill wax finishes and doesn't really compare to GC Car Wash.

Peace out.

I wash the wheel wells, and wheels first. I use a wash mitt, and brushes dedictated to those areas. The mitt is usually a mitt that was previously used several times on the paint, and gets demoted to washing the wheels. After washing each wheel with the mitt, I rinse/spray the mitt and brushes thoroughly to remove as much junk as possible.

Then, I wash the grungy areas next with another mitt, and a fresh bucket of suds. These areas include the bottom of bumpers, running boards, and the very bottom of all panels. I keep the mitt rinsed frequently

Next, I get my best wash mitt and two clean buckets............. one with suds, and one with fresh clean water for rinsing the mitt. Starting from the top panel, I wash and rinse one panel, and rinse the mitt off in the clean bucket, and spray off excess dirt with the hose if necessary before starting on the next panel.

When done, I remove the nozzle from the hose, and "flood rinse" the entire vehicle to minimize standing water. Then, I blot dry the vehicle with one good WW towel, and very lightly wipe any wet streaks witH another super soft WW towel.
    Boss_429

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');