• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! I screwed up a new car...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!! I screwed up a new car...........

No This is not a mechanic's, err.. "technician's" as they are called now, area to be messing around in. The dealership won't know what to do either. If they would even do anything, they'd sent the whole car out to have the whole hood repainted and then blended with the rest of the car and you'll pay extra on top of that because it's through a dealer.

Comment

The photo you posted is not very good... your camera is focusing on the object that is being reflected. Place your finger next to the paint, focus the camera, and then remove your finger and take the picture.

GS27?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RVby6pBjKU

As in a scratch "remover"? From what I can see, this product simply fills the scratch, it does not use abrasives to remove it. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong product.

It would be _very_ difficult to remove clear coat from a vehicle by hand. Also, the paint around the affected area looks fine. I'm _guessing_ that the bird do-do might have affected the paint (clear coat is a paint) and perhaps this caused the darking.

Better pictures would help.

Comment

Easy fix, wash and wax remainder of car then place this sticker over the damaged area.

From zero to hero just that quick.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
          Easy fix, wash and wax remainder of car then place this sticker over the damaged area.

From zero to hero just that quick.

You might have something there Joe, How Big of a sticker can you get? And do you have really thick ones for deeper problems ?

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');