• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

polishing tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polishing tables

Hi folks, I have a kitchen table which is about 20 years old.It has a laquered finish(nothing antique or anything like that),but it is a good solid table.
    It's full of scratches,but not down to the wood.I was wondering,when eventually i get a DA,if I could use something like swirlx or scratchx or even st2 polish to flatten it out again.Then use furniture wax etc.. after the repair is done.

I don't know how hard or soft these laquered finishes are?

Re: polishing tables

Do a very small test spot in an inconspicuous area because the products you are using aren't necessarily made for what you are intending on doing, that being said, anything could happen. See if it works then go from there. Let us know how it work and post some pics!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

The problem is the paint on furniture tends to be thin and you don't want to get too aggressive as you could remove too much lacquer, especially off any high points or edges.

Maybe try SwirlX with a polishing pad with a DA Polisher or with a foam or microfiber applicator pad by hand. Then apply some wax.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks guys,Furniture line stuff is not easy to come across these days,at least not round here.Waxes,yes,but polishing compounds...mmmm? I actually use meg's on a lot of things around the house,which is intended for auto's and they work out fine,from plastics to all sorts of painted surfaces.At the mo.,I don't have a DA polisher,but i have posted another thread regarding this matter under that particular section.hope you come across it Mike!

Comment

I'd give it a go by hand first, should be more fun, plus any edges, bevels, etc would need done by hand anyway.
          Last edited by Murr1525; May 30, 2009, 10:46 PM.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

okay,will do.Life is full of experimentation!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');