• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waterless Car Wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterless Car Wash

When is meguiar's going to develop a waterless car wash like Poorboy's Spray and Wipe? This product would have a huge demand, especially for many who have restricted water use, or may be forced to wash their vehicles inside during the winter months.

They had it in the 80s. It was called Trigger Wash. I used it a lot!

Comment

What exactly does a waterless car wash work? I use quick detailer a few times a week and only wash my car with the hose maybe 2 or 3 times a year. How is waterless carwash different from that?

Comment

A waterless car wash is similar to a QD, but it is made to deal with more dirt than a QD could.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
          What exactly does a waterless car wash work? I use quick detailer a few times a week and only wash my car with the hose maybe 2 or 3 times a year. How is waterless carwash different from that?
          Lt1corvette,

You only wash your car 2-3 times a year?? Whoa! So, QD doesn't scratch the car even though the dust is quite thick? I think QD will be really effective in very light dust but I would just be too scared to do this when there's a lot of dust in the car...
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Living in an apartment complex when I'm at school is not conducive to traditional washing methods, so a waterless car wash is a must have in my situation.

Comment

In the meantime, try the near waterless car wash Protectall Quick and Easy Wash (QEW) : truly an amazing product.
              my product collection-- New !
              My Detailing Credo
              Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Bri
                Lt1corvette,

You only wash your car 2-3 times a year?? Whoa! So, QD doesn't scratch the car even though the dust is quite thick? I think QD will be really effective in very light dust but I would just be too scared to do this when there's a lot of dust in the car...
                I use quick detailer almost every day. Before I qd the car, I go over it with a California duster. This works well as long as there is no rain. However, this year it looks like I will be doing a little more washing. During the summer however there is only light dust and the car duster removes about 95% of the dust. The qd is really just to give it a completely clean finish.
                From May of 2004 until last week I hadn't washed my car once.

I have used a thicker QD from another company that is almost like a thin gel. It is a nightmare to wipe off but I have used that to remove thick dust and grime from some of the family cars before I polish. I haven't noticed any significant increase in scratches. I am not condoning this though because it has the potential to cause serious scratches.
                Last edited by Lt1Corvette; Oct 27, 2004, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I would also love if Megs made a product similiar to QEW and a product like S & W. There is definately a niche here. I think that megs really should make and really do some marketing and informing people of these types of products. It could change the way people wash thier cars, it would help save tons of water as well. I love qew but it is only available online, i would love to be able to have a product i could get locally, just an idea, hopefully we'll see this product in a couple days

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');