• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which pad to use????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pad to use????

I've been doing tons of reading here, but I can't find the exact answer that I'm looking for. I have chosen the #50 to do the job of cutting through the medium oxidation on my boat. My question is, which pad do I use for the #50, along w/ dual action PC?

Thanks

Re: Which pad to use????

You can use either of our yellow foam polishing pads for removing oxidation with our M50 One Step Cleaner/Wax. Use the 5.0 Speed Setting.

If this is a gel-coat finish, then you can test one of our foam cutting pads and see if it works without hazing the surface, if so it will remove oxidation faster because it's a more aggressive foam formula but always test first.

Either of our yellow foam polishing pads should safely do the job though, that would be the washable W8207 or the non-washable W8006

Remember to clean your pad VERY often when removing oxidation.

Cleaning Your Pad On The Fly

The question often comes up,
    How do I clean my buffing pads?

Or more specifically,

How do I clean my buffing pads after they become wet or saturated with the product I'm working with?

One way is to do what we call, Cleaning your pad on the fly. This means to take and hold a clean, soft, dry terry cloth towel, hopefully a towel with a thick nap, (the little cotton loops), against the face of the pad while it's still on your polisher and then with your hand that's holding the polisher, use your finger to turn the polisher on and then move the towel around and against the face of the foam pad. This will act to cause the excess product built-up in the foam pad to move out of the pad and saturate into the terry cloth towel. Then you can place the towel down and get back to working on your car.

This is called cleaning your pad on the fly because it's quick and simple and fairly effective for what you're trying to do.

Here's Cisco from one of our recent Saturday Detailing Classes learning how to clean a pad on the fly
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Which pad to use????

Thanks for your response. I 'll post results when finished.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');