• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard water spot remover from Marine line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard water spot remover from Marine line

Just wondering if it would be safe to use hard water spot remover from the marine line,I have a suv to do that has bad water spots from my customer using well water.Water spots everywhere,wouldn't this be faster than claying the whole vehicle. barry
    barry

Re: Hard water spot remover from Marine line

Originally posted by barry View Post
    Just wondering if it would be safe to use hard water spot remover from the marine line,I have a suv to do that has bad water spots from my customer using well water.Water spots everywhere,wouldn't this be faster than claying the whole vehicle. barry
    I have used the Marine Line Hard Water Spot Remover in a pinch on trim/glass/plastics but for paint I'd run down to the local Wal-Mart, Autozone, etc and grab either SwirlX or Ultimate Compound after washing and claying the vehicle.

Comment

ScratchX 2.0 would work well too.
      Nick
      Tucker's Detailing Services
      815-954-0773
      2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Are the hard water spots on paint?

If so, you are safer with the proper paint care products.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

This questions comes up once in a while and the answer is that the M47 Hard Water Spot Remover was formulated for and intended for the type of water spotting common to marine surfaces and for these problems it works pretty well.

When you jump over the automotive world the biggest problem people have with water spots is the etching the water leaves in the paint, we're taking about a crater in the actual pant and wiping on M47 Hard Water Spot Remover to paint like this isn't going to fix the problem because M47 isn't abrasive and isn't going to remove any paint.

The way you remove a Type II water spot or etching in the paint is to remove enough paint surrounding the etching to level out the surface. This means using a compound, not a wipe-on, wipe-off liquid.

Now if the spots you're trying to remove are a mineral deposit, sitting on top of the paint, the it might work and you can certainly test it but again, it was formulated for and intended to be used in Marine applications, not automotive.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike,I think I'm going to give this a try,because I think its only on the surface and not in the paint.I'm going to get some M47 and try a spot.
            barry

Comment

Originally posted by barry View Post
              Thanks Mike,I think I'm going to give this a try,because I think its only on the surface and not in the paint.I'm going to get some M47 and try a spot.
              Let us know if it works for you or not.

For everyone that reads this into the future, the front label does state it's for deposits, those are usually minerals sitting on the surface, not etchings, which are defects in the surface.

And the back label does address the etching problem with more information as it relates to working on marine surfaces.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');